ZM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Amun Ra, May 7, 2020.

1. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

What is with this companys insane valuation? 1800 P/E ratio? Higher market cap than most car companies? Higher market cap than the 7 biggest airlines...COMBINED??

Have people lost their mind? Is there anything proprietary about this company that some other company can't just copy?

Nobert likes this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Its not just ZM its the entire market.
    Valuations on most companies are ludacris!!!

Look at tesla valued at more than GM and Ford combined!

Going to short ZM soon. Added W to my short position this week. Wayfair is your typical .com stock that just got a bit lucky surging from literally 20 bucks to 180+ in only a few weeks based on nothing but people buying some home office desks and chairs while they are quarantining. Once this quarantine drops wayfair will drop just as quick.

ZM same thing. Millions will stop using the services once the quarantine is dropped. An over $40 billion valuation is just hilarious

3. noddyboy

noddyboy

But is it a "real" short, or one of those things where you are long TSLA secretly in your retirement account?

4. S2007S

S2007S

Nope not long tsla at all, last time I was short on one side long on the other, sold the long for a tiny profit and then literally held onto the tesla short where I was down over 80% haha. I was going to add more shares to my short but never did. I held it through the January earnings report that skyrocketed it to nearly 1000!! And then once the markets came down I covered my $520 short around $475 or so, it fell even further but I was like no more tsla trading for me. Its looking good now Once again as a short but really waiting for it to jump to 1000+ before I try my hand at it again.

noddyboy likes this.
  5. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Hype. Lots of people using it compared to other software

6. I used to speculate with ZM a lot was buying on $$138-140 and selling on $160. Back and forward three times. Folks if you want to have long on it, if it gets over $160 better sell.
    Just do your home work, look at the chart. As of now there are so many competitors.
    Last time I skipped it, was to risky, a lot of negative news for company. It got $161 today.
    Trend is still up, but who knows.

7. Nobert

Nobert

Here's what PTJ told about NFLX :
    (something like that, few years ago)

,,one of his analysts : NFLX user base doubles every year (don't remember exactly), and it charges only $5 for services.
    90% of their users rated it better than anything else on the market.
    Thus, NFLX could ask 3x more for services & noone would give a damn, because they love it.
    Tripling earnings per one time change in pricing. ''

Could be something similar - beautiful show of the calculation, based on future earnings, if at the moment, they are charging way less than that, which they could, delaying until a loving community is formed and competition is beaten.

I wont even mention fundamentals. Those are very nice.

Last edited: May 7, 2020