Zinc vs Covid-19

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Wallet, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

Guys, c'mon. We all know natural remedies and organic food is tinfoil hat nonsense. The only effective medicines are synthetic chemicals cooked up in some Merck Lab. I only trust Eli Lilly with my health. Thats why i skip the fruits and veggies section at the grocery store!!

#41     Mar 25, 2020
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

My Quercetin is on its way.

Why do people take quercetin?
    People take quercetin to try to manage a variety of issues, including:
    • Heart and vessel problems
    • Lowering blood pressure
    • Prostate infections
    • Preventing upper respiratory infections
    • Allergies
    • Disease prevention

#42     Mar 25, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Never taken Quercetin before, gave me a slight headache first couple of days. Can definitely feel a difference in my lungs, everything is blooming here. While allergies have never been a problem you still can tell when the pollen is flying around.

Talk about a lot of unnecessary anxiety. Someone sneezes and everyone is ready to kick em’ off the island.

#43     Mar 25, 2020
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6

JP Leonard says:
    6 April, 2020 at 4:30 pm
    https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeli...-update-for-april-6?replytocom=315248#respond
    I posted about zinc here https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeli...1/comparing-chloroquine-trials#comment-315156 yesterday and again today regarding Dr Zelenko’s claim about 100% cure Z paks (HCQ+Azithromycin+zinc). I ask why not try to replicate his results.
    I mention established work on the online NIH library showing how essential zinc is to the immune system, and how zinc deficiency is linked to old age and the chronic conditions typical of severe Coronavirus cases, as well as to complications from pneumonia.
    Also regarding drawbacks of HCQ, another zinc ionophore is Quercetin, which also has been studied as an antiviral agent. e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4728566/ Quercetin as an Antiviral Agent Inhibits Influenza A Virus (IAV) Entry.
    Regarding ethical problems of larger trials, I’ve suggested a trial on patients with less severe symptoms, where half the patients get HCQ and half get the placebo for the first 3 days, then they switch places, and you compare their charts and see if they did better on the HCQ days. Or you could give quercetin plus zinc instead of placebo. In fact, it might be wise to give almost everybody zinc supplementation, I saw somewhere on NIH that it even helps when your serum zinc level is normal.

#44     Apr 7, 2020
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Now that you mention it, this is what must be causing my headache. It was very mild, I could even go to sleep with it, but I still had it when I woke up. It was a very strange kind.

#45     Apr 7, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

#46     Apr 7, 2020
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

So we knew and posted this on March 16th and the American medical community is just getting this now, when the LA doctor on Apr 6th explained his good results. HCQ treatment without Zinc gave a confusing result.

This explains why some people did get better on HCQ, because they most likely weren't low on Zinc. But since most Americans are, they didn't get the benefit. The real fighter is the Zinc not HCQ. And HCQ can be replaced by Quercetin (my best guess).

Google foo for the win!!!

#47     Apr 7, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is my stack, a bit overdone on Zinc.

#48     Apr 7, 2020
  9. If all this is so, then why are the government health organizations not urging the public to take all this stuff?

#49     Apr 7, 2020
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because they are morons. Also I can google better than Kushner. It took them a week to decide if wearing mask is advisable outside or not, when the whole world was doing it already. I ordered Quercetin from Amazon 2 weeks ago.

As for other countries, the Chinese know, that is where we got the idea originally. I think the researches are not organized and too chaotic so a good message can get lost in the flood of data. Also Zinc is cheap and can not be made as profitable as HCQ. Not patentable...

Now I am screwing Trump's HCQ business because Quercetin can be bought from other sources. I am not sure if it is 100% works as a replacement, but it is less dangerous and more available.

By the way India has just said they are blocking half of their HCQ export because they need it too.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    #50     Apr 7, 2020