Zimmerman's Prosecutors Withheld Evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 30, 2013.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I expect that this article in correct in its assertions. I will note that none of the targets (NBC, Sharpton, etc.) would be sued for malicious prosecution but rather for other issues (intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation and the invasion of privacy).

#21     May 30, 2013

2. Good luck with that.

So he needs funds , and maybe there's an ROI there.
    Are you going to invest in his scheme ?

#22     May 30, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

There may be lawsuits all over the place before this is done. The prosecutor is threatening to sue Alan Dershowitz for libel and depending upon how this trial goes and we see what evidence is presented by the state, Zimmerman may decide he has a whole host of people to sue, including the State. We'll just have to see how this turns out.

#23     May 30, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

You didn't even read the story I linked, did you , dumbass?

If you had you wouldn't be talking out of your ass.

#24     May 30, 2013
  5. lol . . . i admit , but then i never read any of those long laborious articles which you cut and paste.

#25     May 30, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

That's why I put a little summary of my opinion at the very top lately. :D

#26     May 30, 2013
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The reality is that Zimmerman's strongest possible suit is against NBC for the altered 911 call. In this case, NBC has already publically admitted wrong doing and fired several staffers.

NBC is a company with deep pockets and providies the greatest probability of a settled payout. I doubt that Sharpton and the Martin family lawyers are worth targeting - there is not much payout and the cases are much weaker than the suit against NBC.

#27     May 30, 2013
  8. Trayvons family may need Zimmerman to come into some money to pay off a civil judgement. IMO the odds are much greater Zimmerman loses a wrongful death civil case than he does being convicted of murder.

#28     May 30, 2013
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I can agree with you on this. The criminal standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" is much more stringent than the civil suit standard of a 'preponderance of the evidence'.

#29     May 30, 2013
  10. TGregg

TGregg

12 people unable to agree that the State proved or failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman started the fight? Seems hard to believe - providing that all the jurors are rational. Then again, who wants to be tried by 12 people too stupid to be able to get out of jury duty?

And for the record, I am one who would serve quite willingly. However, it does seem that I am in the tiny minority. I've only met two other people who would do their duty.

However (once again), maybe in Florida they have enough old folks with nothing to do that they can get a qualified jury.

#30     May 30, 2013