Zimmerman's Prosecutors Withheld Evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 30, 2013.

1. who is he going to sue ?

#11     May 30, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

Duh! The state. That is who is improperly prosecuting him and violating his civil rights. (Yes, people other than blacks have civil rights)

#12     May 30, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Can you believe spike's that damned dumb? Wow!

#13     May 30, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Based on earlier media coverage, my understanding is that it is very difficult in Florida to sue prosecutors for malicious prosecution. There are plenty of shield laws protecting prosecutors in the state.

It is a lot easier to sue police and individuals for malicious prosecution in Florida if they fabricated information that caused a prosecutor to criminally charge a person. The issue in this case is that the police handled the evidence correctly (for the most part) with no malicious intent and most of the facts related to the case are not in dispute. In other words, this is not a case where the police said Zimmerman shot someone, and George is saying I didn't shoot anyone & the cops made up the evidence.

It would be difficult to sue individuals in this case for expressing their opinions in the media regarding George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin. The people's opinions did not 'drive the prosecution' of the case by being false - the police activities led to prosecution action in this case.

The primary problem I have with the prosecution in this case is that Murder is obviously an over-charge, but prosecutors over-charge in many cases while trying to cut a plea deal. (and yes, this is the second problem in this case - the prosecution is unwilling to cut any type of deal due to media attention - but that is their prerogative.).

#14     May 30, 2013
  5. He's the "town drunk"; the idiot that made Barney Fife feel competent.

#15     May 30, 2013

6. Thank you.

those other jackasses should read this.:).

especially Denner.:).

#16     May 30, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

#17     May 30, 2013
  8. The most important facts are very much in dispute -- specifically the question of who initiated the fight. That's what will matter most to a jury.

The opposing stories presented by defense and prosecution (and the fact that there are no independent eye-witnesses) will make it difficult for 12 people to agree. I think we're very likely to see a hung jury.

#18     May 30, 2013
  9. He is the defendant . . . you jack-ass.

and he cannot sue anyone for giving evidence.

#19     May 30, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

Pleeeeze don't show us your ignorance, spiky.

When Zimmerman sues them they will be the defendants.

He's already begun a suit against NBC, dumbass.

#20     May 30, 2013