Zimmerman's Bloody Head

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 20, 2012.

1. And yes, you can remove the safety and pull the trigger in a nearly fluid motion.

Again, my question was, why was he carrying if he a was a neighborhood watchman. I have done that job, and if I see something, I will act as if I didn't see anything, duck out, and call 911.
    Zimmerman was a cowboy, and I think he fucked up.

#51     Apr 20, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

Read it again. The account that I posted is what supposedly happened after the 911 call you refer to.

Zimmerman goes back to his car.

Martin confronts him while in the car.

Martin runs away.

Zimmerman exits the car and follows Martin a second time.

As Zimmerman rounds a corner, Martin confronts him again.

#52     Apr 20, 2012
  3. Whomever you are who hacked pspr's ET account, I will be reporting you to the proper authorities.

#53     Apr 20, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

I don't think he was carrying "because" he was a neighborhood watchman. He sounds like he always carries. I have several friend who always carry and I live in one of the safest neighborhoods in the country.

Also, people living in that neighborhood describe him as frequently strolling around (usually with his rottweiler). Not necessarily patrolling. I mean he does in fact live in that neighborhood. I stroll my neighborhood all the time.

Some people talk about the neighborhood watch as if it is some official neighborhood patrol that determines a schedule and has someone out standing guard. Usually it is just a casual understanding between neighbors as to a course of action when someone sees suspicious activity.

#54     Apr 20, 2012
  5. Epic

Epic

I'm the same way. I won't carry my 357 revolver loaded unless I'm in the mountains (moose, mountain lions, and bears). Even then, it is holstered with the safety on and the holster strap snapped around the hammer.

#55     Apr 20, 2012
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

There simply is not enough time for Zimmerman to go back to his car - which is parked up near the mailboxes - in the timeline of events in minutes from the end of the 911 call to the shooting. Unless Zimmerman runs faster than most of the top Olympic runners in the world.

My other issue is - despite following the case closely - I have never seen a statement from anyone (much less Martin's father) stating that this is what police said happened. What is your source? Please post it.

#56     Apr 20, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

That's not what I understand.
    Zimmerman got out of his SUV and walked to the walkway going between the buildings.

The dispatcher said he didn't need to follow Martin and ask for the address and Zimmerman walked to the front of the building (away from his truck) and reported the address.

Zimmerman then started walking back to his SUV.

As Zimmerman crossed where the sidewalk between the building met the sidewalk he was on, Trayvon approached him from Zimmerman's left rear. (Trayvon could have been home by then if he had walked straight home. He either hid or doubled back.)

A conversation started and Zimmerman walked a few feet up the sidewalk between the buildings as Martin was too far away to understand what he was saying.

At that point the conversation took place and Zimmerman reached for his cell phone. Then Martin punched Zimmerman knocking him to the ground and jumping on him beating his head into the sidewalk. Then the shooting to defend himself.

#57     Apr 20, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

#58     Apr 20, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

My .357 Magnum has no safety and if I need to carry it hiking I only put 5 rounds in with an empty chamber under the hammer.

Its a S&W Model-66 Combat Magnum in stainless. Nice little gun but I usually load .38 +P in it instead of .357 so that I have a chance of hitting my target.

#59     Apr 20, 2012
  10. Epic

Epic

I never trust that I've left the proper chamber open, but I suppose it is just that much safer than carrying fully loaded. I don't have the stainless. I bet that is slick looking.

Yep I prefer the 38 special too. But I shoot both. I have a ton of re-loaded 357 casings, so it is cheaper if I'm just playing around. In an case, mines older (black model 686). Long barrel and really accurate anyway.

#60     Apr 20, 2012