Zimmerman's Bloody Head

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 20, 2012.

1. It is the ONLY way he is going to get off the hook. You are quite right, which is why I posed the question. He had a loaded weapon with the safety off? If Martin was such a hardened thug( not a wannabe like most young black men are), he would have been watching for a move for a weapon. In fact, if Martin were that kind of thug he would have been carrying himself.

Lots of problems with this line of events.

#41     Apr 20, 2012
  2. What an ironic justice system we have.

They went from:

"well, we don't have any evidence to hold him or charge him for that matter"

to

"second degree murder, bail at 150K"

LOL, what a fucking joke.

#42     Apr 20, 2012
  3. Taught the same way as a sentry.

1. Weapon at the ready.

2. Acquire target, remove safety. Issue warning.

3. Fire weapon.

As a civilian there is a step before step one. You have to load the weapon.

Zimmerman was a civilian, last I heard.

#43     Apr 20, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

BTW, this is Martin's dad's version of Zimmerman's account as told to him at the police station by an investigator. This is also the same time that he identified the voice on the 911 call as not belonging to his son.

“He told me Zimmerman’s story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?’ Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I’m not following you.’ He rolls his car windows up.

“Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What’s your problem, homes?’ Zimmerman says ‘I don’t have a problem.’

“Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman’s mouth and tells him to “shut the Fuck up” and continues to pound on him.

“At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, ‘You got me.’”

The beating has been very much corroborated by the witness "John" as well as the injuries to Zimmerman. But that would clear up the confusion about the location of the fight. All we heard before was that Zimmerman was by his car and he got jumped. It turns out there were likely two confrontations. One where Martin confronted Zimmerman in his car. The other as Zimmerman rounded the corner of a building, which is why we were being told that he was "jumped". Everyone was just assuming that he was jumped next to his car.

#44     Apr 20, 2012
  5. Where is the picture of his broken nose, surely they would have taken a picture of his broken nose also.

#45     Apr 20, 2012
  6. Tom B

Tom B

What brand of gun did Zimmerman use? I think it was a Kel-Tec PF9. There are numerous hand guns, including the Kel-Tec PF9, that do not have an external safety. Also, it is fairly common to have a round in the chamber when carrying a gun.

#46     Apr 20, 2012
  7. Epic

Epic

Not legally. Any permit holder can carry a LOADED gun. Also, according to the only account we have, Zimmerman didn't make a move for the weapon until he was being beaten. His move was for his phone to call police again when he was hit.

Also, given the length of the screams for help, that was plenty of time to unholster a weapon, turn off the safety, and fire. For some reason you seem to think that it is some tedious chore to press the safety. It is specifically designed to be able to easily do it with your trigger finger immediately before firing. It takes a fraction of a second even in a struggle. You can almost do it in a single motion.

#47     Apr 20, 2012
  8. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman. Now I have resided in Illinois for quite some time and could have some taint, but why would a neighborhood watchman have a loaded sidearm?

You are supposed to WATCH. If you see something, call the cops. No confronting, no following.

As I said before, in this state, he is in jail, for a variety of crimes.

I have trouble understanding how Florida let him walk around as long as they did.

#48     Apr 20, 2012
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

This version (which I never heard before - Do you have a source?) sounds totally incorrect. Zimmerman's 911 call with police shows that he got out of his vehicle and followed Martin on foot. You can hear the chimes of the door opening in the 911 tape as he got out. Never in the 911 tape is there any evidence that there was any type of verbal exchange while Zimmerman was in the vehicle, if there was then it would be overheard on the 911 taope. Zimmerman's vehicle was parked up by the mailboxes, he walked/ran to the site of the shooting.

#49     Apr 20, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

I'm a stickler for safety and knowing the condition of a weapon. I've had friends shoot holes in their bedroom walls, shoot themselves in the foot, accidentally shoot friends and known about plenty of people killed with unloaded weapons. So, I'm in the habit of checking a weapon I have in my possession two or three times to make sure I know what state it is in and knowing that anyone around me is safe from accidental discharge.

I don't have a concealed carry permit but putting myself in Zimmerman's shoes, I normally wouldn't carry with a round in the chamber. (a revolver or automatic dropped on even an uncocked hammer can cause a discharge and the safety could be accidentally switched to off) But, if I were going into an area or situation where I thought there was even a remote possibility I may need to defend myself, I would chamber a round then double or triple check that the safety was on (but never cock the hammer unless I was ready to shoot). Once out of that situation though, I wouldn't be comfortable until I had a chance to remove the chambered round. That may be just me though.

#50     Apr 20, 2012