Zimmerman's Bloody Head

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Yes, it would have required some quick thinking, which Zimmerman may or may not have been capable of in the moment. I don't think it would necessarily have required premeditation, however. If anything like that actually occurred, it would have been more a matter of reaction. I'm not saying it's likely. I only threw it in as a possibility given some of the inconsistencies. In any event, the concrete on which Zimmerman's head was allegedly banged should have had traces of his blood, especially since there was more than one cut or laceration. I guess we'll see in due course.

#21     Apr 20, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

Actually, that couldn't have happened. The two other witness came out immediately after the shot and saw Zimmerman standing over Martin, then holding his head and pacing until police arrived. There was no time at which Zimmerman could've sneaked away and banged his head against something.

Also, I'm not saying that the witness didn't see things. Just that the witness was far away and admittedly couldn't see well at all. She specifically said she couldn't see any particular movement, but that is seemed like there might be a struggle. If Zimmerman's account is correct, then Martin was spun sideways and fell face down. Then Zimmerman was able to stand up because Martin was no longer on top of him. The defense would have no problem suggesting that this witness was just too far and it was too dark to discern that it was actually the man on bottom who stood up.

#22     Apr 20, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

How do you know what chest wounds do? JK

#23     Apr 20, 2012
  4. To be fair, it is possible that Zimmerman could not have blood on him. Some of you are not aware of the dynamics of ballistics.

If it was a point blank shot the entry wound would be very small and the exit wound larger, depending on the weapon, much larger.

OTOH, if Zimmerman shot Martin in a close quartered hand to hand combat situation, his weapon would have had to be loaded and the safety off. Now why would he have a weapon in that state unless he planned to use it?

#24     Apr 20, 2012
  5. ...LOL...

Well... I don't actually own a gun...

I've seen some up close... I was actually in a night club when a guy was shot in the chest about 10 feet from where I was standing. He survived...

Also... I've watched a lot of war documentaries :D ...

#25     Apr 20, 2012
  6. That was clearly obvious.

Some of you have never even fired a weapon, and know little to nothing about them.

#26     Apr 20, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They are reporting that there are powder burns on Martin's hoodie. Very very close range shots.

Funny how all of the physical evidence is so consistent with Zimmerman's version of events.

Its seems clear that Martin was trying to kill Zimmerman and was killed in self-defense. Attacking an adult is really a bad idea because you can never know the outcome.

The prosecutors are all-in not because they seek justice but instead because they want to avoid large scale civil unrest in Detroit, Chicago, DC, NYC, New Orleans, Oakland and Los Angeles. The government doesn't give a fuck about Martin, they care about keeping their jobs and not being burned out of their homes.

Zimmerman is out on bail and deservedly so. I have my doubts that this case can get past a preliminary hearing if they can ever find a judge willing to hear it.

#27     Apr 20, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I'm not certain but I suspect police carry their automatics with a round in the chamber at all times using the saftey to prevent accidental discharge. Zimmerman probably carried his automatic the same way with the saftey on and a round in the chamber. It doesn't take much effort to flip the safety off with your thumb while holding a pistol if you are familiar with the weapon. And, of course, the action of pulling the trigger would have cocked and fired the weapon since automatics are double action.

#28     Apr 20, 2012
  9. Let me tell you...

I saw that entire scene through the window... These guys were outside... I mean... Like just outside the window... And then they take out their guns and start blasting... One goes down... Fucking unreal...!

Oh and for the record... Yeah they were black guys...! :D Sorry RCG...!

#29     Apr 20, 2012
  10. After your recent meltdown, I would venture to say that I detect a bit of envy there:D

#30     Apr 20, 2012