Zimmerman's bail set at $1M in Trayvon Martin case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Are you really a conservative trying to make liberals look like idiots?

Instead of making up things, why not stick to facts? Because them your hate has no outlet?

Whether or not Zimmermna is a murderer will be determined at trial. What seems apparent is he shot a guy who was beating the snot out of him and trying to take his gun. You may call that murder, but others will disagree.

The idea that Zimmerman disobeyed police is again inaccurate. A dispatcher, who is not a police officer, siad "we don't need you to do that", which is ambiguous at best, ie it could have meant "don't go out of your way", instead of "no, that is too dangerous." Anyway, the police have said he was under no obligation to obey a dispatcher.

The kid who smoked pot had been suspended from school, after he was discovered with burgalary tools and items he couldn't account for where he got them. Perhaps coincidentiaclly, Zimerman's neighborhood was experiencing burglaries. In fact, Zimmerman's instincts were spot on that this kid was suspicious.

In the end, none of it is the least bit relevant legally. What is relevant is the kid jumped Zimmerman and was beating him and tried to take his gun. That sounds like self defense to me.

#31     Jul 9, 2012
  2. So your theory is what? That Zimmerman somehow broke his own nose and slammed his own head on the pavement before police arrived to make a bogus self defense case? And that no one in the crowd of onlookers who gathered saw him?

You really are a piece of work.

#32     Jul 9, 2012
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, that is what you say. I am saying where is DNA from George to Trayvon? George say Trayvon cover his mouth and nose with his hands. And George have bloody nose from the report. Where is the DNA from the bloody nose on Trayvon's hands? Where is the DNA from the bloody nose on the cuff? If Trayvon is "slamming slamming, slamming" like George is saying, than Trayvon is using again his hands on the head of George. Where is the DNA?

#33     Jul 9, 2012
  4. You know any of this to be true? Your comments seem rather fantasy like. If the fool would have stayed in the damn truck instead of chasing after this kid, nothing would have happened. We know those facts to be true, as opposed to: In the end, none of it is the least bit relevant legally. What is relevant is the kid jumped Zimmerman and was beating him and tried to take his gun. That sounds like self defense to me.

Are you conservative trying to prove conservatives to be stupid? Congratulations, good job.

#34     Jul 9, 2012

5. +1

#35     Jul 9, 2012
  6. Here's the big problem with this case: It's still unclear what happened at the point of altercation. I doubt there's a murder case to be made here. Manslaughter? Perhaps. Still not clear.

I'm a long-time gun owner, 2nd ammendment advocate and have a CCW (permit to carry a concealed weapon). I have no empathy for Zimmerman. He contacted the police and they told him they would take it from there. He should have sat tight until the cops arrived.

#36     Jul 9, 2012
  7. So Zimmerman is not allowed to step out of his vehicle in his own neighborhood until the cops finish their doughnuts? Because otherwise he might ignite some gansta wannabe punk into attacking him? And that would then be Zimmerman's fault?

For the umpteenth time, it was a dispatcher, not "the cops", who saidit wasn't necessary for him to get theaddress. No one told him to leave the kid alone. The fact is, Zimmerman was spot on in his suspicions. Martin ahd been caught at school with burglary tools and some unexplained swag.

#37     Jul 10, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Perhaps I've misunderstood the reports but I thought that Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle to leave when he was confronted by Martin who ambushed him, assaulted him and was apparently tried to kill him. Smashing someone's head against the concrete sidewalk could be construed to be attempted murder and the employment of deadly force in defense seems reasonable particularly in a state where that action is permissible by law.

Zimmerman appears to have lied to the court and his counsel regarding his legal defense fund but that doesn't change the circumstances of the shooting which gives every indication of being a legal use of lethal force in self-defense.

If the shooter had been black and the victim non-black this would not have been in the national news for longer than one 24-hour cycle. If the shooter had been black and the victim also black this might not have even appeared in the national news at all.

Since the shooter was non-black and the victim was black the media saw an opportunity to profit and to incite the population in order to maximize that profit. Polititians saw an opportunity to pontificate and self-promote and sought to incite the population in order to maximize their self-promotion. The black community screamed bloody murder hoping for some opportunity to loot a few flat-screen televisions and could not care less about Trayvon Martin. The truth is cruel and many will not accept it but it is unassailable.

#38     Jul 10, 2012
  9. A long stretch, and nothing in actual reports. And, you're telling us not to listen to 911 Dispatchers? Not too smart, IMO.

#39     Jul 10, 2012
  10. I agree to a point. But I think they would rather have this man alive and not dead at gunpoint by a guy who should have stayed in his truck as advised.

#40     Jul 10, 2012