Zimmerman's address

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 29, 2012.

1. The one good thing to come out this episode is we're seeing just how evil some of these santimonious celebrities are. And why would anyone want to cut Spike Lee any slack? He seems to think the only thing he did wrong was to expose the wrong people to possible mob violence.

I have to agree with the sentiments expressed by another poster that the racism displayed by Martin's supporters, from the president on down, really makes you wonder why we even bother to try to have an integrated society. These people clearly do not understand the most basic principles of our country and act like they are living in some tribal society. Enough is enough.

#31     Mar 30, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Isn't "tribal society" part of their culture?

I read somewhere not that long ago research indicated they, on average, lack social skills.

#32     Mar 30, 2012
  3. Imo, "these people" act like children or "childlike".

And secondly, if they don't understand something, rather than admit it's them or making an effort to further understand the situation they assume it's race, which brings us to a prior et thread, to dumb to know you're dumb.

#33     Mar 30, 2012
  4. I was trying to explain a situation where I thought a black person was being rude. That person told me "You don't understand black people".

I started to say, "I understand rude and manners and ...zzzzzzz, yawn...snore...oh look a bird...... why am I talking to a rock...

:D

#34     Mar 30, 2012
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Please point out where I am wrong in my assessment.

you might check Florida's SYG law 776.041 Use of Force by aggressor.

#35     Mar 30, 2012
  6. Wallet

Wallet

WTF are you talking about? That's the only time I have chimed in about Zimmerman other than to say it's being blown out of proportion and it's an attempt at racial divide by the MSM, one other post .

Take your lies somewhere else.

#36     Mar 30, 2012
  7. Asking someone what they are doing is not being an aggressor, assuming that actually even happened. There is no evidence that Zimmerman threw first at Martin. If the cops had that evidence, they would have charged him.

#37     Mar 30, 2012
  8. Wallet

Wallet

The "stand your ground " law is designed as an extension of the "make my day law" where it is lawful to defensibly shoot someone that has invaded your home. It was designed to extend that precept outside the home into everyday life, car-jackings, at your business, etc... where a dangerous situation is forced upon you - the law excludes you from civil action.

Zimmerman called 911, that alone signifies that he thought something was up, not right, specious. To be honest I haven't listened to the complete 911 tapes but I do recall something, blurb on the news, where Zimmerman told the dispatcher the he (Martin) looked specious or something to that effect.

By that we can conclude that Martin was not committing a felony, wasn't breaking into anybody home, nor was he endangering the life of someone else.

"IF" Zimmerman approached Martin at this point, Zimmerman is the one initiating the contact which he (Zimmerman) believes is potentially dangerous thereby possibly putting himself in harms way and not in defense of another person. The Stand Your Ground law wouldn't apply here at this point in the altercation as the situation was not forced upon Zimmerman.

Only if Zimmerman approached Martin and then tried to flee once the fight took place or left the area and Martin followed would the SYG law come into play.

From the little I know about the case, I try to get away from it as imo it's really a non-national headlines news story (seems everything I turn on the radio or TV it's being discussed) There's witnesses of the fight, Martin on top of Zimmerman, Zimmerman's broken nose, blood and grass stains what ever. What we don't have witness too was what happened before from the initial 911 call leading up to the altercation which is crucial for Zimmerman's SYG defense. It's his testimony. All the other bullcrap being spun about peoples past is irrelevant to the case.

With that I can see a DA trying Zimmerman, making him prove that he was in the tenants of the law and justified in shooting Martin. Which may actually be a benefit to Zimmerman if found innocent, it will keep him from any civil actions later.

just my $.02

#38     Mar 31, 2012
  9. It's not about truth or justice, it's about "beyond a reasonable doubt".

#39     Mar 31, 2012
  10. Eight

Eight

Travon is a head taller than Zimm. Travon's people should apologize for him picking on somebody littler than himself...

#40     Mar 31, 2012