Zimmerman's address

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 29, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I agree with you. Nobody has a case against him. They'll keep a low profile investigation going on until everybody finds something elese to occupy their little liberal minds the end the investigations.

An arrest and trial that they know they will lose under the law is the last thing the democrats with any brains want to push into the election season.

#21     Mar 29, 2012
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Zimmerman is innocent only "if" he attempted to flee the situation and was then pursued by Martin, there by putting him into a position to defend his ground..... in this he will need to prove the use of lethal force.

When the situation is forced upon you, outside of your control, then the stand your ground law comes into effect.

Zimmerman initiated the visual contact, although it was legal to do so. How ever without the commission of a felony by Martin it is nothing more than watching someone walking through his neighborhood.

Approaching asking who are you, what are you doing here..... is outside the description of the neighbor hood watch. Hey how's it going, nice weather? is more like it. A watch force is not a police department, hence the term "Watch". Zimmerman called 911, at that point he watches from a distance.

Zimmerman had the opportunity to dissolve the situation, the burden will be on him to convince the jury that he tried to get away without an altercation.

You can defend yourself by use of lethal force anywhere if you have no further defense and your life is in imminent danger. However your defense goes out the window if you knowing walk into a potentiality dangerous situation.

If you come to the aid of another person then you step into "their" shoes and the assume the responsibility of the ""suspected" victim, if that person is in the wrong guess what? You see a person getting beaten and come to their aid, but afterward you find out that person was actually the bad guy and the person doing the beating was initially the victim..... you just helped the bad guy and are guilty as a accomplice.

Zimmerman obviously wasn't racially motivated, it wasn't premeditated and it wasn't a act of emotion......... manslaughter in some degree is the only available course for the DA if they choose, which I believe they will attempt. Zimmerman is not a repeat criminal,"if " convicted he "may" see a short stint in a county jail and out on parole at most.

It's a sad unfortunate set of events.

#22     Mar 30, 2012
  3. Thug vs thug.

Winner goes to jail, loser goes to hospital (or in this case the morgue).

Suppose their was no gun, no shooting no death.

Travon beats zimmermans ass.

Travon would have went to jail, zimmerman to hospital.

#23     Mar 30, 2012
  4. NRA releases controversial 'concealed carry hoodie'

#24     Mar 30, 2012
  5. Not cool at all. The only reason to do something like this is to incite violence. Same with putting a bounty on Zimmermans head as the Pathers did. I guess a rope and a tree are just fine so long as it ain't your guy getting strung up. Just another example of becoming everything you supposedly are against.

#25     Mar 30, 2012
  6. Why the heck would anyone follow Roseanne Barr on Twitter?

She hasn't been relavent for 20 years.

#26     Mar 30, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Who?

#27     Mar 30, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

She is running for President. I kid you not.

#28     Mar 30, 2012
  9. Total misstatement of the law and Zimmerman's duty.

#29     Mar 30, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He has been twisting the law and events for days. I don't even see the point of confronting him.

#30     Mar 30, 2012