Zimmerman Verdict: Guilt or Not Guilty? Vote now!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 12, 2013.

Will the Jury find Zimmerman Guilty or Not Guilty

1. Guilty

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Not Guilty

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  1. maxpi

maxpi

I wouldn't really do that, I might engage the guy in friendly conversation to get a feel for where he's coming from but confront? Confronting is not a good way to go when you can find out what you need to know in a friendly way... Martin could have asked Zimm what he wanted, found out the guy was watching the neighborhood to keep all the ladies safe and gone his merry way.

#41     Jul 12, 2013
  2. wjk

wjk

My guess is manslaughter.

#42     Jul 12, 2013
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Question of the day:

If Zimmerman walks...and someone kills him...will the Obama administration secretly support the prosecution of Zimmerman's killer? Or will it just be an unfortunate accident? You know...shit happens.

#43     Jul 12, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The deliberations started late today. I expect that most of the late afternoon was taken organizing the exhibits, examining notes, and possibly elected a jury chairman & note-taker. It is not surprising that nothing came back today. The real deliberations have not started yet.

#44     Jul 12, 2013
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I hope you are correct, brother Gwb.

#45     Jul 12, 2013
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Little bit of game theory here. If you were the jury, knowing that your life will probably be at risk the second you return to your normal routine, if you are going to acquit him, would you do it promptly and piss off the black community by saying basically, sorry, you lose or would you let it drag out so that you give them the impression that this was a really difficult decision? Think about it. This jury is going to take a VERY long time if it's an acquittal. If guilty, the verdict will come back very fast.

#46     Jul 12, 2013
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Good post. Agreed.

#47     Jul 12, 2013
  8. If Zimmerman approached me face to face, and said, "Excuse me, sir, hello, my name is George, and I am here on the neighborhood watch patrol. Have you noticed anything suspicious around the neighborhood today?", then it would have been a friendly conversation. I'd reply, "Nothin', except those two mice copulating in the missionary position over yonder, in the bushes. Keep the ladies safe, dude", and walk over to my place, thinking, "This guy George needs to get laid. When I was his age, I had the triplet Japanese sisters give me a blowjob at the same time. The last thing on my mind was patrolling the fucking street".

But it was not like that, and that made all the difference. There are consequences to carrying a gun, just like there are consequences to having a vicious dog. If you are willing to have one, you better think it through, and know how to handle it. I'd argue that George would make an exemplary neighborhood watchman if he did not have a gun. The hood would have been just as safe, and everyone would be alive. Remember the case with the Olympic-level swimmer who drowned? Apparently, it was the case of having too much confidence. That's what I believe happened to George. If he didn't have a gun, he'd not feel so compelled to follow people around.

#48     Jul 12, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

So, if the verdict is guilty and you find yourself at Walt Disney World, being attacked on the way into the park, is it best to just let yourself be murdered?

#49     Jul 12, 2013
  10. Max E.

Max E.

I was thinking the same thing, me and a buddy were watching it talking about how they better atleast let this thing go till monday so that people have a chance to relax a little, hopefully wear themselves down over the weekend.

If the jury would have come out with an acquittal 2 hours in on a friday when everyone was charged up, it would have made for a very long weekend.

Although it is completely baseless i honestly think that this thing is coming back manslaughter if these people even have the slightest clue what the reprecussions are, there is no way 6 older females are all going to be willing to sacrifice their lives to bail out zimmerman, i think half of what the prosecution was trying to do was make him out to be a piece of shit for specifically this reason, so that they would find him guilty of something just cause they dont like him, law be damned. You basically need 6 people willing to sacrifice their lives to get zimmerman off, and no one is going to want to be a martyr for the fictional version of zimmerman the prosecution created.

#50     Jul 12, 2013