Zimmerman - Guilty or Innocent?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 15, 2012.

George Zimmerman - Guilty or Innocent?

1. Zimmerman Guilty of Murder 2

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Zimmerman Guilty of Manslaughter

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Zimmerman Innocent and Acted In Self-Defense

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  1. pspr

pspr

Zimmerman's lawyer asked the judge to dismiss herself yesterday.

#51     Apr 17, 2012
  2. Yeah...

Saw that too. I don't blame her... Who the hell would want to hold on to this grenade...?

#52     Apr 17, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

You're right, but who was the 200lbs guy in this scenario? Zimmerman was 5'9" and 170lbs. Several years ago he was evidently bigger, but not anymore. So we have a tall skinny 17 year old and a short, slightly pudgy 28 year old.

I would think that Zimmerman would have a slight size advantage in this scenario, but it would be minor. Everyone wants to make this out to be a big 200lbs angry adult against a frightened 13 year old kid with a huge size disadvantage. That simply isn't the reality.

#53     Apr 17, 2012
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I expect no judge wants to touch this case unless they are a publicity hound. This judge brought up a conflict of interest from day one and was just begging for one of the sides to file a petition to have her dismissed from the case. Can't blame her a bit.

#54     Apr 17, 2012
  5. if this watch man confronted t.martin and t martin stood his ground and killed zimmerman would he be charge.

#55     Apr 17, 2012
  6. G-Unit

G-Unit

I have not heard any reports of people saying he weighs 170lbs. Everything I've looked at says Timmerman weighs 190-200lbs. Regardless, a guy that's 6'3" 150-160 is really a tootpick. Seriously like Manute Bol thin. He'd get tossed around in a wrestling match without training.

Zimmerman is not a racist. He was just prejudiced in thinking that Martin was up to no good. He most likely felt confident in confronting Martin as he was armed. I'm sure everyone feels more confident when they're carrying.

#56     Apr 17, 2012
  7. You know what that means don't you?
    Zim's lights dims. . . . that guy should read up on '' how to slip on soap''

#57     Apr 18, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

Pretty much common knowledge at this point. "Z" was 250lbs back in 2005, but it is obvious that he's lost a bunch of weight since then when you look at current photos and video clips. Police reports put "M" at 6' and 160lbs. "Z" is listed at 5'7" 170-175lbs. A 10-15lbs weight difference isn't much of an advantage. Also, M's parents were just interviewed and when he was described as being 6ft 160lbs they confirmed it. I was that size my senior year of high school too. 6ft 160lbs, and I was an athlete. Now I'm 6' and 200lbs. I was stronger at 160lbs.

Re: your second statement. Have you examined all the available evidence? There isn't any hard evidence that indicates that Z confronted M. There is however a lot of evidence supporting Z's version of the story.

There are things that don't add up on both sides of the story, but I think that is mainly due to the fact that not all info is public yet. I'm just waiting for the rest.

#58     Apr 18, 2012
  9. Let's get something straight here. Martin was not some little kid. I'm waiting for the media to show a picture of him suckling on his mothers breast.
    At 17 I was 6'4" tall, about 175lbs., and to the point of discussion, fully capable of pounding your ass into the ground regardless of your size.
    Martin may be a completely innocent victim, time will tell, but he was not some little kid incapable of fighting.

#59     Apr 18, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

All well and good. I posted a link earlier in this thread and, evidently, no one has taken a few moments to have a look. There is an articulate eyewitness to the event who reported that, after the gunshot, the guy on top got up. That point is made about half way through the ~10-minute video:

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/...on-martin-shooting-speaks-out/?iref=allsearch

#60     Apr 18, 2012