Zimmerman - Guilty or Innocent?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 15, 2012.

George Zimmerman - Guilty or Innocent?

1. Zimmerman Guilty of Murder 2

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Zimmerman Guilty of Manslaughter

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Zimmerman Innocent and Acted In Self-Defense

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  1. Epic

Epic

+1

Not enough public evidence. It actually seems to me that the prosecution was trying for one of two things with the affidavit.

1) Put the onus of a lesser charge on the court while maintaining their own public appearance. If they had gone for manslaughter then a conviction would've been much easier. But they didn't. It is almost like they purposely wanted to make themselves look like they were taking the hard line. They also chose not to submit it to a grand jury. Again this allows them to appear to take a hard line stance on the issue they know they are going to lose.

2) Scare Zimmerman into a plea.

#31     Apr 16, 2012
  2. You know there IS a difference between an entry wound and an exit wound, don't you?

#32     Apr 16, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I think so for a second or so. Why don't you come on over and let me test my theory? If the test shows I'm wrong, I'll concede the point. :D

Afterall, he was wearing a hoodie and probably a shirt or something under that and since it was raining he may have had on a waterproof jacket, too.

#33     Apr 16, 2012
  4. Perhaps shows like csi etc are banned in pu$$fied canada, and he doesn't know any better.

#34     Apr 16, 2012
  5. Manslaughter conviction 50% to 60% chance of a conviction.
    Murder 2, < 40% chance of conviction.
    Financially liable in a civil case 85%+ chance of Zimmerman losing.

#35     Apr 16, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You happen to know this weeks lottery numbers as well?

#36     Apr 16, 2012
  7. Yes I do, I just don't have them narrowed down yet.

#37     Apr 16, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

I don't think you've examined the actual evidence. Either that or you have evidence that the rest of us aren't privy to.

IMO.. manslaughter conviction is less than 25% with the evidence at hand. Murder 2 is almost 0%. Liable in a civil case... hmmmm... not sure, but still unlikely.

We'll see what ALL the evidence says.

#38     Apr 16, 2012
  9. In a case like this there is no almost 0% chance. I'll bet Zimmermans lawyers aren't telling him that.
    Evidence for a civil case is strong against Zimmerman IMO, but we will see that is 100% for sure.

#39     Apr 16, 2012
  10. http://news.discovery.com/tech/george-zimmerman-voice-recognition-120404.html

"Tom Owen, a forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, recently analyzed the tape. After running the woman's 911 call through a software program called Easy Voice Biometrics and comparing it to another 911 call with Zimmerman's voice, Owen's team concluded that the screams for help were not Zimmerman's.

And, Owen said, if he had samples of Martin's voice, he may be able to definitively identify the screams as his.

"We've talked to the family; the attorney has been notified," he told Discovery News."

He seems pretty sure.

The witness who saw Martin on top of Zimmerman said it was Zimmerman calling for help.

But if the forensics don't match on the screams recorded right before the shot during another person's 911 call (and after the 1st witness already left to dial 911), that would make it Martin's screams - maybe after Zimmerman had pulled his gun and while the two of them fought for it.

#40     Apr 16, 2012