Zimmerman family friend claims he molested her

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 16, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/zimmerman-witness-sexual-molestation-160900334.html

Zimmerman family friend claims he molested her, new audio tapes reveal

A family friend of George Zimmerman told investigators he sexually molested her on and off for a nearly decade, newly-released audio tapes in the Trayvon Martin shooting case reveal.

"He would reach under the blankets and try to do things," the woman--identified as "Witness 9"--told investigators.

The alleged molestation occurred at Zimmerman's parents' house, she said.

"I would try to push him off, but he was bigger, stronger and older," she said during the interview conducted on March 20, less than a month after the Feb. 26 shooting. The woman, who contacted prosecutors after the Martin's killing, said she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 when the alleged molestation began. It continued until she was 16, she claims.

Investigators asked the woman why she's coming forward now. "This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him," she replied. (The woman also told state investigators that she annoymously called Sanford police after Martin's death to tell them what she knew about Zimmerman.)

Her family would get together with Zimmerman's at least once a year, she said. "Every time that we would go up there, I could just look at him and he would give me a certain look and I would just know it was going to happen when we got together for family gatherings ... He just got this look in his eye like he was going to [molest me]."

The woman said she was not the only victim. "It's not just me that he would do these things to," she told investigators. But the other alleged victim would never come forward, "Witness 9" said, declining to give investigators her name: "She said she would deny it either way."

"Georgie," she said, would tell her to tell others that they were just laying down or playing hide-n-seek. "Georgie just sucked up to my dad," she said. "He was like the son he never had."

The audio was released on Monday along dozens of recordings from phone calls Zimmerman made while behind bars in April. State prosecutors and defense attorney Mark O'Mara fought to keep the audio files under seal, but Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ruled the evidence is public information and ordered them to be made available.

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death.

O'Mara, filed an 11th hour motion to keep "Witness 9" recordings from being released, but the judge did not accept.

"He was very charming and personable with everybody in the family," the woman said of Zimmerman. "But he was different behind closed doors with me ... He was very intimidating."

She claimed one of the last incidents occurred was when she was 16. Zimmerman, who had graduated high school and moved to Florida with his family, massaged and kissed her, causing her to run out of the home. The woman said she eventually quit attending family functions if she thought he was going to be there.

"I couldn't take it," she said. "I didn't want to be around him anymore."

She said she eventually told her sister about her encounters with Zimmerman. The woman's sister then told her parents.

The alleged victim said she and her parents tried to discuss the abuse with Zimmerman at a Lake Mary, Fla. restaurant in 2005. "He said, 'I'm sorry' and just got up and walked out."

2. Ricter

Ricter

"The alleged victim said she and her parents tried to discuss the abuse with Zimmerman at a Lake Mary, Fla. restaurant in 2005. 'He said, "I'm sorry" and just got up and walked out.'"

Well, that settles it, he apologized.

3. Now where have I heard that before :confused:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...n-martin-family-could-released-152857774.html

George Zimmerman apologizes to Trayvon Martin’s family

George Zimmerman will be allowed to go free on bail after a dramatic two-hour hearing in which he took the stand and apologized for shooting Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son," a stoic Zimmerman said in his first public statements about the death. "I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not."

4. Accused of assaulting a law enforcement officer

Accused of being fired from a job for being overly aggressive with customers

Accused (formal complaint filed with company)of bullying and harassing a co worker at another job

Accused of assaulting a female

Accused of sexually molesting another female

5. He sure has been accused of many things, but no convictions. None of it admissible in court, so other than pimping the continuing media smear campaign, what's your point?

6. Zimmerman pleaded no contest to assaulting the law enforcement officer and took some kind of anger management class to keep it off his record

That is a conviction

7. Just curious Cap,how many people you know with this kind of accusation record ?

Accused and pleaded no contest to assaulting a law enforcement officer and took some kind of anger management class to keep it off his record

Accused of being fired from a job for being overly aggressive with customers

Accused (formal complaint filed with company)of bullying and harassing a co worker at another job

Accused of assaulting a female

Accused of sexually molesting another female

Accused of murdering an unarmed teen

8. Streeeetching to reach your preconceived conclusion of his guilt. Is everyone innocent until proven guilty? Does everyone have a right to trial by jury? Or is this another double standard where if someone doesn't fit the politcal agenda being pushed...fuck'em? Hang'em high!

9. Ricter

Ricter

Let's assume for a sec that all this on-record history of Zimmerman is really a mischaracterization. So why then don't ordinary Americans have all these mischaracterizations in their past and on record?

10. How many? Other than the molesting and murder charges, dozens. Only a few convicted of murder and manslaughter. No admitted/convicted molesters, but I have no doubt there's a few in the bunch. But then I do a considerable amount of volunteer work with societies throw aways, drunks and addicts.
    I ain't saying he's squeaky clean, and certainly made the wrong move that fateful night when he decided to confront Martin when the cops told him to sit still, but he does deserve a fair trial.

#10     Jul 16, 2012