Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Apr 11, 2012.

1. The truth may not be politically correct. What if the cops genuinely thought the killing was justified? How do you say that to the family? They don't wan to hear that. Fact of the matter is, a hispanic shooting a black guy in this country is not particularly rare. Happens all the time in LA. You can't say that to the family. Most people fall into some logical traps:

They say Zimmerman should not have followed Trevyon (911 dispatcher instruction is not a lawful order) There is nothing wrong with wanting to ask someone a question in your neighboorhood at night. Foolish, yes, but very reasonable.

If Zimmerman walked up to Treyvon and asked him what he was doing there and Treyvon said fuck you and started wailing on Zimmerman do you think Zimmerman should have just laid there and take it like a man? Most people concentrate on wholly irrelevant skittles and ice tea in the bag. IF Zimmerman was punched by Trevyon and was in the process of sustaining serious injuries (with no end in sight) it would be completely unreasonable to expect that Zimmerman deserved it. It would not be self defense on Trevyon's part if Zimmerman only wanted to ask him a question. If everything transpired the way it was leaked to the media, this case is doomed.

#31     Apr 11, 2012
  2. If he ONLY had skittles and ice tea in his pocket (and no ID) the police would have had trouble identifying who the hell he is. I don't see a giant conspiracy here. To them he would be John Doe # 1118

#32     Apr 11, 2012
  3. You said it IF a big IF. Doesn't even make sense that the kid would just start beating on the guy. Doesn't pass the smell test. Let the case go to court. I have hopes of a decent decision. Just hopes, we'll see.

#33     Apr 11, 2012
  4. A toe tag I suppose.

#34     Apr 11, 2012
  5. Everything else about this case is going to be tried in a court and settled there, so I'm not interested in the rest.
    You're argument about why they shouldn't have told the family is not even remotely logical. The police are public servants. If they have a dead person with a gunshot wound lying there, regardless of what they thought about how that wound happened to get there, they are still obligated, I would think legally, but I'm not a lawyer, to tell the next of kin that they've got their dead relative lying there. They would certainly be obligated, I would think, if the family actually called up the station where he lay and they said, as these guys allegedly did, that they didn't know where he was.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: they're lucky my mother-in-law wasn't involved in this. They'd be praying for the tender mercies of Sharpton et al if she ever found out her grandson was lying in their station for days, dead, and they had no idea who to call.

#35     Apr 11, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

oh yes it does, you don't understand the black man

#36     Apr 11, 2012
  7. If Zimmerman wanted to murder the kid, you walk up and unload one shot to the head or the whole clip. The whole thing is inconsistent with murder. There is at least one witness who said on record that it was treyvon on top of Zimmerman and zimmerman pleading for help. That is the whole ball game. Reasonable doubt overflowing from there.

#37     Apr 11, 2012
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The police report filed at 3:07am in the morning the day after the shooting fully listed all of Trayvon Martin's information. The Sanford police knew immediately who Trayvon was and made no attempt to contact his family.

See the top of page 2 of the police report PDF for Trayvon's full information.

http://www.wagist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Twin-Lakes-Shooting-Initial-Report.pdf

#38     Apr 11, 2012
  9. I don't know about other id, but he did have his cellphone on him, first, and second, the contemporaneous police report fully id'd him. So, either that report was falsified after the fact, or they knew. Either one doesn't put them in a good light.

#39     Apr 11, 2012
  10. What I wrote initially was why police and the first prosecutor were blowing the victim's family off. My explanation in the delay of identification is probable lack of id.

#40     Apr 11, 2012