Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Apr 11, 2012.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I am surprised that the prosecutor charged Zimmerman with second degree murder; manslaughter would have been a more appropriate charge. Traditionally, murder implies that premeditation and deliberation as well as true malice existed in killing the victim. Murder usually requires that an appreciable time pass between the formation and execution of the intent to kill.

Maybe the prosecutor is just leaving wiggle room so the charges can be pleaded down to manslaughter without a trial, or maybe the prosecutor is so caught up in the large scale publicity of the Martin shooting that she wanted to go with the harshest charges possible. I believe that she has an uphill battle ahead of her getting a jury of 12 to convict Zimmerman on 2nd degree murder charges based on the evidence as we know it at this time. Risky to say the least. On the other hand, this prosecutor has a history of liking to roll the dice big in high profile cases. She better hope she finds an eyewitness who has video showing that Zimmerman ran over to Martin, assaulted the teenager first, beat Martin up while the boy cried on the ground, and then pulled out the gun to shoot Martin.

#21     Apr 11, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

OMG you're such a vagina.

#22     Apr 11, 2012
  3. You may not realize who you are talking to. I am not one of those people who listen to rush for guidance in life, although I do listen to rush to read between the lines and find out what the enemy is up to.

I know real racism and imagined racism. Real racism is casually suggesting obama is a muslim, planting stories about his birth certificate, pakistani passport, etc. Imagined racism is alleging that the whole city of sanford covered up for some random hispanic(essentially a nobody). Trevyon martin's faimly consists of people who are not very sophisticated and who are used by the likes of al sharpton. They are mad their son is dead and they naturally think someone has to pay for it. They cannot intellectually grasp how someone could justifiably kill their beloved child with "skittles and iced tea in his pocket". Problem is, justice is supposed to be blind and emotion free.

This is a political prosecution plain and simple. I have seen prosecution go for broke and over charge because of public outrage (i.e casey anthony). That case in no way justified 1st degree murder based on things that could be proven beyond reasonable doubt. The prosecution did not care and overcharged anyway. 2nd degree murder here is a ridiculous proposition. If you listened to her speech you would know the whole damn speech was designed to please the mob.

#23     Apr 11, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

Sure, that should be looked into and people held accountable, but I do understand given the volume of crime they are accustomed to from young black males. I am not really outraged that Zimmerman is in jail per se, I am outraged that it is beacuse of Sharpton and company. Normally I would not care and neither would most people since we would not hear about it, but the second the black nazis make it about race in america, then I care.

#24     Apr 11, 2012
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I will also note that the old local prosecutor in Sanford would not even return calls from the Martin family. The new prosecutor from Jacksonville regularly communicated with the Martin family and kept them informed.

#25     Apr 11, 2012
  6. Trayvon looks like your son?

#26     Apr 11, 2012
  7. Not so much, we only know a few things. He was in his truck, following the kid, and was told not to do that. If he were to have done his self appointed job, calling 911, and followed their instructions, none of this would have happened. He had to get out of his truck, where he was safe and sound with a gun. He then had to confront the kid, who was not breaking into houses or waving a firearm or anything, and the kid got shot. Pretty simple. If there is evidence to the contrary, which we have not seen yet, then things could change. But, based on what we know now, it looks pretty bleak for Mr. Zimmerman. All the lawyers quitting, the family making shit up and all that certainly won't help him.

#27     Apr 11, 2012
  8. If nothing else, the police acted poorly in this case. I seriously hope that evidence supports either side. Real evidence, not Reverend Al, or Fox news, serious impartial evidence. We'll see.

#28     Apr 11, 2012
  9. 1. It's just a prosecutor going for the max. Manslaughter is really what she's after.
    2. I asked you the question, and never even thought about putting you on ignore despite all the emotions this damned case stirs up, because I know from your past posting history that you're a reasonable guy. I'd still like to know why you don't seem to question why the police dept didn't see fit to inform the family that their son was lying there in their station, dead of a gunshot wound.

And to peil or whoever that guy was: the cops are supposed to actively seek out the family of the victim, NOT the other way around. If this had happened anywhere with a decent PD, that family would have known within a couple of hours of the incident that their son was dead.

#29     Apr 11, 2012
  10. What roach crawled up your rotten little ass?

#30     Apr 11, 2012