Zimbabwe went broke seizing land, Venezuela is about to go broke seizing platforms?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Feb 16, 2008.

1. I think you're on to something in the analogy between Obama and Chavez. Personality cult leaders are inherently dangerous. People feel loyalty to them, not to the country or its principles. Like Chavez has done, Ican see Obama using the government to create armies of his supporters to go on the rampage anytime it is convenient for him.

People find Obama inspiring now and not threatening in the way a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton came across. That could change after he is safely in office, particularly if his handouts to his followers do not pass congress.

#11     Feb 16, 2008
  2. Shagi

Shagi

Well native Americans have a raw deal, native australians have a raw deal -

The problems in Zimbabwe or rather the conditions that gave crazy Mugabe the opportunity to seize the land was caused by white British settlers. The British are just as guilty as Mugabe.

If you look at all African countries, Australia and USA the natives of those lands have a raw deal. It does't matter that they were or are more properous with the whites in charge.

The whites invaded those lands and were not invited. Those places would be much better for the natives without invasion/intrusion by european settlers. life would have carried on for the natives in whatever form that would have suited them.

#12     Feb 16, 2008
  3. nonam

nonam

Yes you are right.In NZ,for example,the natives used to eat each other.Some tribes regarded other tribes as food.Now the white man has put a stop to that.The maoris have been unhappy ever since.:mad:

#13     Feb 16, 2008

4. Change Obama to "Bush", and it seems a repeat of the same? Actually the Bush cult is more dangerous. They've already destroyed the U.S.

#14     Feb 16, 2008

5. All the ass-backward cultures and countries have one thing in common. TRIBALISM.

Even in the US ( with apologies to my Southern friends), much of the Southern culture, which exhibits closed tribal tendencies, is derided as backwards.

One thing with tribal cultures is they always select the worst leaders. As evidenced by the Southern US voter. Whenever the South has been the pivotal vote in a presidential election, that president usually has been sub-optimal at best.

Arabs have the same problem. Once their oil runs out, they'll be back to burning camel dung for food. If the white man left these lands, the native indians and african blacks would revert to eating each other for food. Tribalism leads to closed mental cognition where everyone else outside the tribe is seen as a different animal. It's a mental defect that has no cure.

#15     Feb 16, 2008
  6. (snip) "Tribalism leads to closed mental cognition where everyone else outside the tribe is seen as a different animal. It's a mental defect that has no cure."

----------------------------

It appears that you too, arealpissedgoy, suffer from this affliction.

Think about it.

#16     Feb 16, 2008
  7. u realy are f**ked up, but the world needs to hear ur voice

Arbeit marcht frei

fuck it all work is hell

to be taxed is to be enslaved

if ur born the wrong place sure u can be rich

just feed the government first

if there is little left no problem

invest less in personal growth

#17     Feb 16, 2008
  8. Not trying to get to far into these polical/racial discussions, but infolde is pretty much on the money here.

ALL forms are tribalism are ass-backwards, and I've seen it in every venue that I've participated in, from dance, education, religion (that one was a real shocker for me, I'm really pissed about it-and I don't forgive them, they of all people should know better), business, etc.

Trading is as close as you can get to a pure a system as I have found, here it's all about the money, period.

#18     Feb 16, 2008

9. Spoken like true republican . I had a conversation at a party with a bush lover about health care. He said he doesnt want free health care because he has a top health insurance plan through his employer and free health care wouldnt be as good as his. I asked him wouldnt you prefer every one in the US get coverage and every one be safe. He said he only cares about himself and poor people dont deserve health insurance if they cant afford it. I was shocked at how cold he was .

#19     Feb 17, 2008
  10. 11Blade

11Blade

I hope you are being sarcastic; I say that because there are people on this board who really believe that drivel.

#20     Feb 17, 2008