Zimbabwe: billions are rarely used, been replaced by quadrillions - a million billion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by palenimbus, Jul 2, 2008.

1. #22     Jul 7, 2008
  2. I'd rush to buy them Z dollars. Now that Zimbabwe's Central Bank is out of paper, the end is near. Without money to pay his army, Mugabe may be forced out of office by his own people ... Just keep an eye on the news. I give him 3 more months ... at best :p

#23     Jul 9, 2008
  3. maxpi

maxpi

He's a Marxist spinoff from South Africa. Were I living anywhere in or near Zland I would be afraid, when he can't pay his army he will have to find more booty for them somewhere, they already extort and murder like it was going out of style..... He's probably enjoying the inflation really, he knows that only his loyalists will survive so his power is increasing with every new zero on the bills...

Selling the paper for economies like that is a pretty sexy business, like rubbing elbows with Mercs and arms dealers but way less "ghetto"..... they probably are buddying up with people in the Chavez regime even as we speculate......

#24     Jul 9, 2008
  4. #25     Jul 9, 2008
  5. l2tradr

l2tradr

6. maxpi

maxpi

#27     Jul 19, 2008
  7. Maxpi,

If I remember right, you are Christian. (If you're not, my apologies.) But southern Africa has been very Christianized. They are very syncretistic, granted, but are arguably as "Christian" as the US overall. (Northern Africa, of course, is a completely different animal.)

So I'm not sure where you're coming at with the "voodoo" theory...

#28     Jul 19, 2008
  8. #29     Jul 20, 2008
  9. The Z Cent Bank must be reading ET!
    They just knocked off 10 Zeros...

:D

#30     Jul 30, 2008