Zika, another hoax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Apr 20, 2017.

1. wildchild

wildchild

We see these hoaxes come and go. The difference is I remember the hype and laugh at the predictions.

The latest hoax to be debunked is Zika. We don't have to go too far back to remember the media making all these claims about the HUGE risk Zika is.

Where is Zika now? I guess the original reports are fake news.

BTW, the same people who brought you Zika are the same people who are preaching man made global warming. Based on the track record, why would you trust them? They are liars.

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

you can't be serious

3. Arnie

Arnie

Fixed it for you. :)

4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Just because Zika is no longer at the top of 24/7 news cycle does not mean it is no longer a threat. Every week there are new Zika infections - in the past week this included everywhere from Singapore to the South America to the Caribbean. As noted in recent press the Zika virus is still a threat - "the number of people infected with the Zika virus in the Caribbean is 651 cases per week, and in South America the weekly average is 6,601 cases, of which 6,164 were reported in Brazil alone.

In the United States more than 5,000 cases were reported between Jan. 1, 2015, and March 1, 2017. While 4,779 of these were cases in travelers returning from areas outside of the United States already known to be Zika hot spots, six cases in Texas and 215 cases in Florida were presumed to be acquired through local mosquito-borne transmission."
    -- as per http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/11/the-race-is-on-to-stop-a-zika-virus-epidemic-in-the-us.html

What has stopped Zika from infecting huge numbers of people you ask - the aggressive spraying of mosquitoes by governments. For up to date information on Zika see - https://www.cdc.gov/zika/

World Map - Areas with Zika - https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/world-map-areas-with-zika

Tom B likes this.
  5. wildchild

wildchild

Yawn....

I file Zika right up there with the swine flu that was supposed to kill 10s of millions in the US. Maybe a new ebola panic is in order.

Keep believing the hype GWB.

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Maybe Florida and other southern states should stop spraying for mosquitoes and see what the total infection toll is.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Maybe we should just put wildchild in a room with a few hundred zika infected mosquitos, since they're not really infectious at all.

Tom B and gwb-trading like this.
  8. wildchild

wildchild

You miss the point, pal.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Oh, no. I'm quite sure I got the point of this thread.

10. wildchild

wildchild

Oh no, I am quite sure you missed it. It does not surprise me. You are one of these group thinkers. You have no thoughts or ideas of your own. You simply follow what the group thinks. Its not all bad though. You see, people like me need to exploit group thinkers like you, in order to reap profits in the market.

#10     Apr 21, 2017