Zerolinetrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by larrybf, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Hi zltrader,
    I just saw your response to my query, thank you for taking the time to do so. I have found Zerolinetrader and will check it out. What I need is to have a simulator that will give me fills so I can check out the viability of my trade set-up. It would be nice to be able to go back a year or so and walk through day by day taking any trades that meet my criteria. This way I could have the possibility of trading a year's worth of data to assure myself, as much as possible, about the viability of my system plus enhancing my trading effectiveness with my set-up. I'm aware that it is still simulation and not real-time trading but it would still be an effective method of improving my skills plus giving me confidence in my set-up.
    If I can find a simulator to do this then I would be quite happy. In my situation, being a Canadian, and restricted to Canadian brokers the possibility of using data from Yahoo or similar sources is a necessity. I have no wish to use the resources of an American broker under false pretenses. If you can suggest an alternative then I would be most appreciative. Thank you again.

Regards,

Tim

#21     Sep 29, 2004
  2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Have a look at NeoTicker EOD, see "Software". It should work with Yahoo data and offers a trade simulator.

BTW, it is canadian software.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#22     Sep 29, 2004
  3. Hi,
    Ahahahahahh, that's what I use for my charting software. It's a marvelous piece of software with truly excellent capabilities. It's learning curve is quite steep but certainly worth the effort. I looked at their simulator briefly but it didn't seem to be what I was looking for. Perhaps I should re-visit it after I have looked at ZLT and TradeSim. Thank you for your suggestion.

Tim

#23     Sep 29, 2004
  4. zltrader

zltrader

Tim,
    Thanks for the explanation. I am working on saving market data in ZLT. Once it is done, you will able to do the simulated trading as you described. It may take some time and for now it is in low priority compare to the execution related issues.

Welcome to keep updated with ZLT’s progress by joining our yahoo group or sending me your email address. ZLT is being constantly improved http://www.zerolinetrader.com/download/BuildNotes/index.html .

Or at least come back and check ZLT out again later.

zltrader

#24     Sep 29, 2004
  5. Hi ZLT,
    Thank you for the kind offer. I appreciate the thought.

Kindest regards,

Tim

#25     Sep 29, 2004
  6. I just tried this front end app... I didn't even realize it was available. The developer really did some nice work on this product!! I like it.

#26     Nov 11, 2004
  7. hell yeah

#27     May 28, 2005
  8. Buttontrader is a great program, been using it for 9 months, but I'm still losing lots of money, so I need to slow down for 6 to 9 months, and the program cost ($49.00 a month for standard, don't get lite). I know that buttontrader has a lot more bells, then zerolinetrader, but I only use the buy and sale (long and short) on the dom. I want to try zeroline trader because its cheaper ($5.00 a month). All of the reviews on zerolinetrader are older, Is there anybody using it right now, and if so do they like it? hows the tech support? how the stops do they work all of the times or some of the times?

#28     May 30, 2005
  9. Have you tried Bracket Trader? I used it for quite awhile without any problems and its free. Has dom setup too. I stopped using it when I started using Quotetracker because I started having problems but I dont know which app was causing the problem. It then came down to a choice between buttontrader and zeroline. It was pretty close but I went with buttontrader because I like having an emergency exit button right on the dom.

#29     May 30, 2005
  10. taodr

taodr

Very happy with zeroline.

#30     May 30, 2005