Zerolinetrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by larrybf, Sep 4, 2004.

1. I hav a late version - 1.63b
    I rite clik on the row > copy
    Rite clik on anothr row > paste
    Rite clik on th new row > Trade Management
    and set up the new strat for that same contract.

A different cntrct of course,
    needs t b created in th Data Servr

also please,
    [Do others hav difficulty reading my msgs?]

#11     Sep 7, 2004
  2. Are you saying that you can have 2 different strategies for the same symbol on the same page? That's news to me. But I may be wrong suggesting that this is not possible. In the past it was possible to have two and more strategies on the same page: I would just use slightly different names for the symbols (say, ES 200309-1 and ES 200309-2). Now, even if this is possible, there is no way to differentiate between them in the name, as far as I can see it, which was the reason I stopped using it for different strategies. Again, this might have changed too...

#12     Sep 7, 2004
  3. Yes I do,

There is not any reason to abbreviate in a public forum that is archived for all to read.

Actually, shorthand is usually taught to those that use it, to use it in a proper way. And ET and this sort of Forum is not appropriate for this.

You should try to communicate clear and simple, instead (someone once told me to write as if your are writing to two-year-olds, if you want to be understood).

Remember, you are writing to a global audience, who may even have more trouble with your abbreviations, than I do.

Michael B.

P.S. I saw this license plate the other day IMIRUU...I struggled with this personalized plate, then I just said the letters out loud...:)

#13     Sep 7, 2004
  4. I use ZLT, very nice. I love the ability to export my executions to CSV file at the end of the day. The customizable dom colors also are nice, definitely pick a pallette that is comfy on the eyes.

Have not had a problem with reliability (knock on wood) so far. Overall, it's a nice front end, I can't complain. Definitely simple yet does what I want/need it to do, and that is enter buys and sells :D

#14     Sep 7, 2004
  5. Yes

If you want a different name for the same contract
    you can start it with a different name
    the same way you start a new contract.
    In the data server under a new name.

Though the author may have a better way.

#15     Sep 7, 2004
  6. zltrader

zltrader

In v1.66, the user can turn on the "Strategy" column to input different strategy names for the different data rows with the same contract.

In ZLT, the column can be turned on or off by right clicking on the table column header and check/uncheck the corresponding column name.

zltrader

#16     Sep 11, 2004
  7. Hello,
    I'm looking for a simulator to paper-trade a set-up that I want to use. Most of the simulators use online brokers for their data but I'm not able to open accounts with them due to restrictions on RRSP accounts (IRA) in Canada. I would appreciate any suggestions. As I'm a swing trader I don't need intraday data,EOD would be fine. Thank you for any and all help.

Regards,

Tim

#17     Sep 28, 2004
  8. #18     Sep 29, 2004
  9. zltrader

zltrader

Tim,
    Since it is the zerolinetrader thread, can I assume you have tried the free ZeroLine SimTrader at www.zerolinetrader.com? If so, can you provide some suggestions on how the ZeroLine SimTrader can be improved to meet your needs?

I understand your concern but not quite sure how we can help. For the EOD, what about tracking the trades in Excel?

You may notice ZeroLine Trader/SimTrader is currently more an execution platform where speed and customization (to provide traders comfortable envrionment to trader) are very important.

But even you are an EOD trader, if you trade a system, you can automate and also paper trade your system with ZeroLine SimTrader. More info at http://www.zerolinetrader.com/doc/Port/index.html .

Note ZeroLine Trader's automated trading works with Financial Advisor accounts also.

zltrader

#19     Sep 29, 2004
  10. Hi Rubble,
    Thank you very much. I'm gonna check it out today. I appreciate your suggestion.

Regards,

Tim

#20     Sep 29, 2004