ZeroHedge:IMF ADVISOR - We Will Have A Global Financial Meltdown In 2 - 3 Weeks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I used to enjoy reading ZH in 2008... but now they just post doomsday scenarios every week. Seriously it's just a perma-bear blog.

One day the market will get crushed and those gurus will act like they actually predicted something.

#11     Oct 7, 2011
  2. fwiw they post long recommendations or at least warnings of potential short coverings all the time. Most of what they write is not a RECOMMENDATION it is an article of interest. When they do make recommendations, they are usually pretty good. And their screen shots of credit and risk asset baskets vs sp500 futures are usually very helpful i find. I think it was monday where they were cautioning that the short interest was back to the march09 highs.

obviously they have a bearish slant but I wouldn't call it permabearish. and i happen to think that would be within their journalistic right if they did. The current financial reality is pretty bleak I think.

#12     Oct 7, 2011
  3. for all those attacking ZH for being filled with perma bear articles... welcome to a cyclical bear market, they should be your sole source of news from now on if you want to make money.

although i hope you don't, because it is immoral to allow a fool to keep his money and i'll be sitting their with a bag as you throw it all my way.

#13     Oct 7, 2011
  4. JPM has a lower beta then those mentioned to lead a rally.

#14     Oct 7, 2011
  5. I would be very skeptical abot a global finnacial meltdown. Corperations have enormous cash on the side lines still. There will be alot of unhappy people but the it seems more like global stagflation. Output is down, consumption is down are there is a major hiring freeze in the US. Usually a whole lot nothing happens.

Welcome to Neo Fuedalism,

Akuma

#15     Oct 8, 2011
  6. correct - his reading of the market with these short covering rallies has been spot on.

as much as i have to agree he is a doom and gloomer it seems to work well with regards to trading the current climate.

also the others news services have been really poor lately in giving all news and non bias news.

the ft for some reason has gone pro euro when it should be independent and reporting equal good and bad news / rumours out of europe.

hence why you end up looking at bearish news servives to get the real news and rumours.

it it really sad because this is a news headline driven market at the moment and the main news services has been shit.

#16     Oct 8, 2011