zerohedge.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mikeenday, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Daal

Daal

The guys at ZH are just as bad as the people they criticize. They will literally say anything if they think it will increase their traffic and online ad revenue

#21     Nov 14, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

To their credit, some of their writers are witty and funny. But it gets really old when they start whining every time ES futures are up 3 handles over night when they think the market should be crashing. I mean it's just childlike. Just stick to the news or the gossip or whatever, leave the trading to real traders.

#22     Nov 14, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because the solution to being corrupt is to....not be corrupt?

They call for the arrests of people complicit in committing crimes, but no arrests come. They call for the disbanding of the inept and corrupt SEC, but that does not happen. They continue to point out how asinine it is to bailout (insert random institution name) a bank, or a company or a COUNTRY, yet it continues.

What solutions were you looking for? The solutions are simple - the government chooses the complicated and corrupt, yet temporary "solution".

#23     Nov 14, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I agree, there is some noise in some of their content - what blog doesn't have noise? When I see "EUR spikes on..." I usually ignore it. The market moves on things far beyond a simple headline (most of the time) and there are underlying reasons you won't find on ZH. However, they do point out interesting opportunities and break news on occasion.

#24     Nov 14, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Their news is pretty good. I get their tweets and it's like having a Bloomberg terminal without the cost. LOL.

#25     Nov 14, 2011
  6. ya they like to stoke the fire. And I used to think BI was bad. Now BI looks utterly unbiased compared to ZH . lol

#26     Nov 14, 2011
  7. Great writers (I'm just talking Tyler Durden and it can't be more than 2 or 3 guys, the style is just too similar).

And yes, their twitter stream is like a free Bloomberg terminal. It also happens to be terribly entertaining.

It is what it is. I seriously doubt anybody is trading off the information.

#27     Nov 14, 2011
  8. It's more than a few guys, but it should also be mentioned that some of the guest commentators are quite talented as well. Bruce Krasting for one has done some tremendous work on there. He even wrote about Solyndra days before the bankruptcy.

#28     Nov 14, 2011
  9. Krasting is excellent. He just did a great piece on GE and the way state infrastructure projects get financed. Very illuminating.

#29     Nov 14, 2011