zerohedge.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mikeenday, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Illum

Illum

Too emotional, too feminine. Leads them to make grandiose b.s. conclusions that will make you zero money.

#11     Nov 10, 2011
  2. I like them and I scroll to their headlines frequently.

But there is a bias ofcourse.

When market's tank it's a return to reality, when they rise it's manipulation or markets being delusional.

When the Euro tanks the markets have finally woken up to the reality of the continent being broke, when the Euro rises it's cause the USD is even worse or because people are so stupid to think anything has changed.

But it probably comes with the format.

Try having to come up with a new story every hour.

You won't generate much traffic opening a website with 1 page and 1 message saying: BUY GOLD.

Looking an explenation for everything everytime is probably one of the most underrated problems in society.

Sometimes a cow is just a cow. Stocks can go up, or down. Deal with it.

#12     Nov 13, 2011
  3. i adblock everything.

#13     Nov 13, 2011
  4. that zero hedge has gotten so popular reflect the widespread pessimism in the investment communiyt. zerohedge does bulls a favor because net effect is more short interest which lead to larger and more persistent squeezes. they are the opposite of the old motley fool guys in the late 90's. different direction but selling the same result. followers losing money going against the larger trend trading on.... news and god forbid... fundamental research

#14     Nov 13, 2011
  5. ramora

ramora

I agree ZeroHedge is stuck on negative...

Is there a better more balanced web site?

Thanks

#15     Nov 13, 2011
  6. bln

bln

Is ZH the PR-department of GATA/WGC? I see mostly pro-gold/silver bullshit there nowadays. They seam to be anti-stockmarket, anti-economy too as they spin news to the negative side, they are perma bearish fear mongers.

ZH was better back in the days then they where a regular blog on blogspot.com, objective and unbiased.

#16     Nov 14, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you can dismiss a lot of the stuff posted there as negative. That is your choice.

but if they are negative anything, it is anti-corruption, pro-transparency. They realize that the system is rotten to the core, and the regulators are in bed with those they are to police, and rome is burning. You can dismiss ZH all you want, but they recognize that things haven't been this bad in a long, long time.

If the system was functioning properly and transparently, ZH wouldn't have enough hits to survive. That they exist and are as popular as they are shows how mad people are and is a testament to how bad things have gotten.

#17     Nov 14, 2011
  8. Don't bother with most of the turds on this site. They've been misrepresenting much of what ZH has been about from day one. Just re-posting today's headlines would dismiss most of the criticism.

#18     Nov 14, 2011
  9. bln

bln

The system may be rotten at it's core, I'm a no fan of the current system myself. But they (ZH) never propose their own solution to fix the problem. Barking like a rabid dog won't do anything constructive and help things to the better.

#19     Nov 14, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

One of the main writers for ZH is Daniel Ivandjiiski who was banned from the securities industry for insider trading. Kind of ironic isn't it?

#20     Nov 14, 2011