Zero to Low risk investments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Dec 9, 2005.

1. You don't have to go to cash to reduce or eliminate risk. You could buy put options against long equity positions.

EWJ, the Japan ETF, has broken out into a steady climb. Currently priced at $12.93. A June 2006 put option with a $13 strike price currently bids at $0.75. If EWJ climbs past $13.68 you'll profit. If it tanks, no worries, with the put you can exercise it at the $13 price.

Or, you could hedge stock holdings with an inverse mutual fund like ProFunds UltraBear.

#41     Dec 12, 2005
  2. ig0r

ig0r

jamis, long stock and long a put is simply long a straddle, which is definitely not a zero to low risk investment

#42     Dec 12, 2005
  3. are you sure the only thing Man does {with all their separate companies} is manage hedge funds --- you better do more research. with a little research i found Man and several other companies that have various investment products that have "principal" or "return" guarantee features. there is actually a lot out there that i found --- i guess there must be a strong demand from high net worth customers.

#43     Dec 12, 2005
  4. As usual he has it ass backwards:D

#44     Dec 12, 2005

5. well the fact that i have never solicited anyone here at ET for investment products blows your whole argument out of the water.

and no i have never been to an emergency room and that is because i am a big s.o.b!

and no concern for the poster? the whole point in talking about investment possibilities is to find out all the different returns or investment types that are available. the investment world has exploded in product objectives and types from many different companies --- traditional investment houses, insurance companies, hedge funds, CTA/CPO's, etc. there are a lot of new alternative and hybrid investment vehicles available to a wide range of investors --- because of something you said exactly "they demand everything".

so what is it that makes you fixate on only the investment type you mention --- is that the only one in the whole world you know of? what is the defensiveness you seem to carry that caused you to immediately initiate another "thread attack"?

for someone that keeps typing "Merry Christmas" at the bottom of his thread you have to wonder how "Merry" are you?

"Be Still and Know"

#45     Dec 12, 2005

6. I am sorry, you were saying you don't solicit?

What I notice about people like this is they will lie right to your face and expect you to believe it.

You keep on coming back for more punishment even though we have already finished this argument. You are either too stupid for words, or a shill. Read your quote. Say it a couple of times. YOU can get someone "about 8%"........blah, blah, blah. I realize that you are a little slow, but this is called an offer.

I think you are a shill.....

Keep'em coming champ, I am loving this.

Steve

#46     Dec 12, 2005
  7. that is right and why i explained where i would have to get the information from {since it was NOT me soliciting} i just know the CTA that has told me about this type of investment option ---- real simple.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

MacroEvent

12-11-05 03:23 AM

A CTA in my office has this investment product through one of the Chicago based investment/futures firms he has ties with. He already left for Vegas so i will get the full details from him when i get there myself Tuesday night for the trade expo.

#47     Dec 12, 2005
  8. bullshit

Either you are responsible for what you say or you arent. If you arent, have you mother stand next to you when you type your posts. Then when you are finished she can testify that she okays your comment.

Otherwise if you play with the adults, you need to act like one.

#48     Dec 12, 2005
  9. my post above is {and was when originally posted} about as clear as you can get ---- maybe you need to have an "informational interpreter" help you to fully understand all the postings in a thread.

when a person specifically states that a CTA in his office has all the investment details {since i am not a CTA} that should be quite clear enough.

#49     Dec 12, 2005
  10. Once again and for the last time. Your post was an offer to do business.

If any of us had said "I will take you up on that", you would then have a legally binding contract.

I am starting to realize that you are kind of slow on the uptake, but thats about the size of it.

Now one of two situations is happening here. 1.) you are a needy person who wants attention and will say anything to get it. or 2.) you want to direct business to a third party for reasons unknown to us. That is about a generous as I can be.

Either way, it seems to me that you are an adult child posting on the internet, when you should be in bed sleeping.

Again I suggest you decide whether you are going to be regarded as an adult or a child.

Let us know when you make this important life choice.

Steve

#50     Dec 12, 2005