Zero to Low risk investments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Dec 9, 2005.

1. and steve, why is it you are no longer managing money for high net worth individuals?

times are changing and so are the mindsets of the affluent --- get in tune with their "required needs". listening to the needs and requirements of investors is the exact reason why highly reputable investment houses have added new investment products ---- supply for the demand.

when the CTA i know contacts me, i will personally get all the details just for you {i will send you a pm} so you yourself personally can do the "due diligence" and then tell us all what you think ---- that seems very fair and reasonable to me.

#31     Dec 11, 2005
  2. Sure, apparently you need a bit more verbal asswhipping today.

I retired because I have sufficient funds to stop work.

High income folks are generally people of advanced age. You are the one who apparently has not "kept up" with this subject. They expect EVERYTHING. The want security, and appreciation. They want low expenses and they expect performance. If they do not get it they remove funds and look for it elsewhere. These are the "facts of life" in the fund industry. You apparently have no clue (that is clear) and you do not intend to learn anything here.

Unless a person is a mental midget, they are going to read these last posts and put two and two together, and they are going to ask themselves, "why give my money to someone who then has no obligation to perform for me?" Under these circumstances, they can go out and do anything with my money and no matter how much they make, if they wish, they can choose to give back only my principal. The risk is all mine, and the (potential) reward all theirs. Does anyone here smell scam..?

I do

Lovely doing business with you.

Steve

One more thing. At the conclusion here you suggest you will get the details about this from a third party?

You have been pumping this investment here for a while and you don't know the details? You have to refer to someone else? and I should investigate this for you? You're doing me a favor? Who the fuck are you to decide whats fair and reasonable? I am not looking for an investment. I know all I need to about you and your "friends". You speak before you think, and you speak about subjects you dont know shit about.

Do I want to put money into your investment idea? Does anyone reading these posts want to consider this. I think we are done here. Exercise your own due diligence.

#32     Dec 11, 2005
  3. "Unless a person is a mental midget, they are going to read these last posts and put two and two together, and they are going to ask themselves, "why give my money to someone who then has no obligation to perform for me?" Under these circumstances, they can go out and do anything with my money and no matter how much they make, if they wish, they can choose to give back only my principal. The risk is all mine, and the (potential) reward all theirs. Does anyone here smell scam..?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no obligation to perform? if a fund does not "nail" a good return every year that will kill it all by itself {not the guarantee or lack thereof}. a very good yearly return is the "minimum" needed to even attract a look by investors.

i think actually the only thing shown in this thread the last few pages is your lack of maturity and composure. well i am not surprised --- http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60342&highlight=steve46

#33     Dec 11, 2005
  4. ig0r

ig0r

Steve don't waste your time on this guy. People stupid enough to get suckered into bs "principal guaranteed " structured products deserve what they get.

#34     Dec 11, 2005
  5. danoXP

danoXP

Agreed.

"Principle Guarenteed" ... is a yellow flag.

The key here is: "Zero to low risk investments"

... and high liquidity.

It is boring, but the right answer is Tbills.

To make it more exicting, you get more risk.

#35     Dec 11, 2005
  6. Thanks guys, I am glad to see someone has the balls to step up and say something.

As to Macro's comments, I'd like to think I have made his underlying agenda clear to everyone. Thats all I care to do at this point.

Good luck to you folks, and Merry Christmas

Steve

#36     Dec 11, 2005
  7. agenda clear? i trade my own money and that is how i get paid --- i am not a CTA and i do not benefit from people that choose investments from the CTA that has office space next to my office {he leases some office space from my group on the floor we trade from}.

in my trading office we trade our own accounts and that is our income --- i make a living from my own trading and i do not need side income from investment fund referrals {that was your old job and will never be mine}.

#37     Dec 11, 2005

8. yeh yellow flags with pissy little companies like this ----

http://www.maninvestmentsusa.com/usa/app/public/index.cfm

#38     Dec 11, 2005
  9. danoXP

danoXP

You have got to be joking? Man Group?

Author of the thread is looking for zero or very low risk and you send him to the worlds largest manager of Hedge funds.

I think you are confusing "Principle Protection" with guarentee - very different - very active - very expensive - requires a lot of capital ... $250k minimum they have told me.

Am I wrong?

#39     Dec 12, 2005
  10. This is what a shill does. This is what a referral is ("I know a guy who can..."). This is what happens when you have someone talking about a subject that actually they don't know anything about. No concern for what the original poster asked for, just his agenda. No real clue as to what constitutes a no risk or low risk investment. Couldnt give a shit about that.

Does this remind us of anyone? :D

I think many of us have seen guys like this at some point. They were the guys who couldn't let it go. Just had to make one last comment, and then boom!, the next thing you know, some big son of a bitch is dragging them out to the parking lot and "punching their ticket". I am guessing that Macro has seen the inside of his local emergency room quite a lot. Based on this latest display I would guess that he has at least a few more visits ahead of him.

Makes me (almost) wish I sold health insurance.

I hope the rest of you were as "entertained" by this crap as I have been.

I think now we all know just how seriously we should take his comments about finance.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Steve

#40     Dec 12, 2005