Zero to Low risk investments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Personally I would vote for Ibonds at 6.7% or thereabouts. I use them to fund my trading account. In many instances the broker will allow you to trade about 70-80% of their face value in your account. That way your account earns interest and you have access to funds intraday. If you are a profitable trader, this beats the hell out of "investment products" from an unknown person in Las Vegas :D

If you choose to do that, "Good luck" and Merry Christmas

Steve

#11     Dec 10, 2005
  2. well the person is in Vegas to be there for the trade expo {duh!} --- obviously anybody putting any funds in a registered investment with a brokerage/investment house should do their own due diligence first.

please have more respect for the people here at ET to not need your baby sitting services --- we are all grown ups here and can figure out on our own what is best for each and everyone of us.

btw, did the refco customers like having ALL their funds in their trading accounts :eek: and if i have 3 million liquid and i want to trade futures with $500,000 why in the heck would i have my other 2.5 sitting in an account getting 6 when i can get 8 plus and the principal is guaranteed --- no brainer there dude!

#12     Dec 10, 2005
  3. Dont need your permission to express my opinion. In general your advice sucks.

I have no idea what Refco clients do with their money.

BTW, the title of the thread is "zero to Low risk investments". I consider the United States Treasury to be Zero risk, while the risk level for your "friend" in Las Vegas is unknown at best.

Thanks for wasting even more of our time, Dude.

Steve

#13     Dec 11, 2005
  4. Bongo972

Bongo972

Exactly what are I-Bonds and how do they work? Sounds a lot better than a regular bank CD from what I've heard...

#14     Dec 11, 2005
  5. I-bonds are inflation linked bonds and have the interest payment linked to the level of the CPI and is readjusted every 6 months - you can invest in them with zero commissions through the following link --> https://www.treasurydirect.gov/

The only catch is that you are limited to a max of $30,000.00 per year in purchases

Also, I'd like to know what broker lets you trade 70-80% of face value of your I-bond holdings?

Thanks

#16     Dec 11, 2005

6. Sorry "principal" guaranteed is as low risk as you can EVER go -- stone cold lock to that dude!

And the CTA in my office handles products from Brewer Investment Group {Jack Bouroudjian is one of the principals that you see on CNBC and Bloomberg from the "pit" in the a.m. regularly}, Fortis, and several other excellent companies that carry the exact type of products the "wealthy" players in this world want {and they LOVE principal guaranteed investments}.

so if people are pissing on you in other threads { http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60342&highlight=vacation }, then at least learn how to properly recalibrate your emotions before you start making postings in a different thread.

btw, this thread is a "sharing of ideas" thread and it is not a "competition" thread, so go back to your other thread if you have a "psychological need" for such --- good day! :D

#17     Dec 11, 2005
  7. That's exactly the problem!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have all the money they need for day trading, but have the rest sitting around earning 4% or less. I haven't been able to develop any multi-day trading systems that require a very small amount of time to implement, can handle a fair amount of capital, yet provide a high return with little or no drawdown i.e. the Holy Grail!

I'm seriously looking for low-risk high yield investments ... like everyone else.

Regards,

Slave2Market

#18     Dec 11, 2005
  8. You just dont get it.

Again, for the last time. Treasury of the United States? or you and your fucked up friends who "guarantee" an investment?

For me the answer is clear.

By the way, let me know when you and/or
    Jack obtain permission to 1.) tax, and 2.) print your own currency.

There, I think now you may be starting to get the message. Maybe not, we will see.

by the way, I am not angry, I just get tired of having to work with people of limited intellect.

Thank you for playing our little game.

Merry Christmas

Steve

#19     Dec 11, 2005
  9. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"and your fucked up friends"

"by the way, I am not angry" :D :D :D

Whatever you say boss!!! LOL! :D

Call Brewer or Fortis and ask them if they are F^%$%* up!!! LOL!

remember Santa is watching and he has you on his "coal" list so far! :eek:

ok lets just do some "favorable" math {had to do this for coolweb also} equations for you ----

lets say i want to park 1 million at 6.7% for one year = $67,000

lets say i want to park 1 million at 8.0% for one year = $80,000

can you find something to do with the extra $13,000 generated by a higher 8% return --- i could {extra Christmas presents}!

Now that is truly a Merry Christmas! :)

#20     Dec 11, 2005