Zero spread on ECNs???

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by yigal, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Currenex is just the technology (platform) provider. You need to go to a Currenex broker to open an account. They are listed on the Currenex website. Some brokers accept retail accounts, but the lowest account minimum requirement that I'm aware of is $25,000. If you plan on news trading, get ready to get banned though.

#11     Nov 28, 2007
  2. ...and what exactly is a wheel?

#12     Nov 29, 2007
  3. I am trading with Dukascopy and such situation is very often . And if you put your own bid or offer then you can win the spread.

#13     Dec 3, 2007
  4. I don't trade news, but just curious, why would they ban a news trader if they're a real ECN and not a bucket shop?

#14     Dec 3, 2007
  5. They are not a true ECN. I'm not sure that such a thing exists despite various claims. If a true ECN environment would exist at this time, banks wouldn't be posting the same liquidity they do now on "almost-ECN" systems. Unfortunately, banks still call the shots and they're a bunch of money-hungry, wining sissies. As the market becomes more centralized and ECN-like, the unfair (and illegal) advantages banks now enjoy now should begin to disappear.

#15     Dec 3, 2007
  6. yigal

yigal

I am with Duka for almost 3 years and haven't seen spread lower than 0.5 and that's for EURUSD only. On what pairs and what time you've seen zero spread on Duka?

#16     May 18, 2008