Zero Downside second account

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Midas

Midas

You don't know what you are talking about. The training is optional, and you pick a mentor to work with. Nobody is stealing anyones secrets here. I have a strategy that is very liquidity sensitive and have never felt that anyone is stealing it to provide other traders at Bright.

#31     Mar 9, 2010
  2. Hi Tim, how are things? Good to hear from you.

Don

#32     Mar 9, 2010
  3. GGSAE

GGSAE

Ahahah this is probably the funniest thing I ever read, I may reply at some point after I stop laughing.

#33     Mar 9, 2010
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

Okay, let's try to have a real discussion without ridiculous comments.

* This whole program is completely optional* It has nothing to do with your regular trading, whether you were profitable or not, what your account size is, rate for shares, ect. ect. The only additional cost of running the JVC is an extra $200 if you want additional logins - which I do to completely separate my JVC account from my core account.

Everyone is trading their own spreads, their own styles...there are hundreds of spreads to choose from and each person brings their trading personality (style, history, skill, ect.). There's also a combination of different strategies you can do, no trader will have the same peformance.

In fact, i'm currently engaged in a discussion with two traders regarding JVC trading...one is a former mentor, the other guy actually traded Bob Bright's corporate account. So the collobartion is a big component of this, here's an example of experienced traders going over some pointers with each other to benefit all us all.

The rules/guidelines set in place are blanket parameters to protect Bright and that trader's JVC. That's it. After that it's up too you, and when Don said there's no downside risk, it isn't actually true... here's the rub , this requires a lot of work and effort on your part to be successful. That's the catch, and that's been the hurdle for some people, not wanting to do the work or simply don't have the time.

Anyways I think you see my point, although I think no matter what anyone says your opinion won't change.

#34     Mar 9, 2010

5. Hi Don,

I am well , thank you
    Sorry to muddy up your thread.
    As you know I have had the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative and successful people on Wall Street.
    The Bright family is right there at the top.
    I have no doubt that you are implementing this new program for all the right reasons.
    Like Bob always said, " Those that work the hardest always seem to be the luckiest " !

Best Regards

#35     Mar 9, 2010
  6. You make my point about "zero capital" firms as well. The "downside risk" is the time and effort put in by the traders. Then, when they make money, they leave a bunch of it with the Firm, which means they actually do have money up and give away part of their profits anyway. OK for some, not for others obviously.

All the best,

Don (also: Thanks Tim, stay in touch)

#36     Mar 9, 2010
  7. Hope you guys have low latency and your servers at the closest availble storage cause the HFT"s have the pairs game in the bag...

#37     Mar 9, 2010
  8. bears21

bears21

i trade my pairs over a little bit longer hold time anywhere from 3 to 7 days so those htfs dont bother me too much.

#38     Mar 9, 2010
  9. I would agree about "scalping" but since 90% of what we do with our programs is "homework" based entries and exits we don't park limit orders, thus aren't really affected by the HFT guys. In addiiton, we start with 100 shares x 140 (for example), and the HFT guys don't bother with 100 share lots for the most part.We're taking 20-80 cents or more most of the time.

Still new, but results are excellent.

Don

#39     Mar 10, 2010
  10. I am a Bright Trader that has joined the JVC - I trade remotely. There are no loopholes I've run into, no tricks, it is as Don has explained.

For me, a great experience and now turning profitable. there are red flags (a few rules) designed to help you teach yourself. There isn't another nor risk program to learn a strategy that I've run into. The online classes and yahoo messaging to mentors is effective, I could never have learned pair trading without this.

#40     Mar 11, 2010