Zenfire with NinjaTrader

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by geostrathmore, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Can anyone give feedbacks on using NinjaTrader with Zenfire as the data feed? The Good, bad, and how long you been using it. Anything else that you can think of would be useful. I'm thinking about trying it out.

Many thanks.

2. Probably the most common setup for retail traders. I don't use either.

3. Isn't Zen Fire just repackaged Rithmic?

4. Zzoom

Zzoom

I use Ninja with Zen and IB.

I will get disconnected from Zen on average once per week and Ninja reconnects quite quickly - pretty sure this is an ISP issue and not the price feed.

In this respect, Zen is much more reliable than IB's price feeds which drop out a lot for me...

A potential major issue for you is that sometimes Ninja will "reconnect" to Zen after after a disconnection, but the price feed will not actually restart... not an issue for me because I am not fully auto and am always at my desk when day trading.

Hope that helps,
    ZZ.

5. I have heard that the two feeds, although both put out by Rithmic, come off different servers. True? I have no idea.

6. No one trading intraday can use the IB feed -- PERIOD!

7. Hey Guys, Thanks for all the great feedbacks, that's why I love coming on this forum. I did some more research and got some more good feedbacks from other Traders. I found a few brokers that utilizes NinjaTrader with Zenfire and now comparing their rates, margins, and customer service. Wish me luck. :) Thanks Again!

8. Like I said last time, I selected a few brokers that I found on here that had some good ratings. I finally narrowed it down to Cannon Trading Company. Their prices and margins are competitive, but what sold me was their customer service. They also have a great setup for what I was looking for on the ninjatrader and zenfire datafeed.

9. for some reason, whenever you change your interval (from tick, to say, range, renko or time based) on your chart, a series of data calls are sent to the r/t data servers (rithmic) and they determine whether the call is for historical (whether that's data from 1 hour ago or 1 month ago) or realtime (whether that's from the last 2 pips/ticks or last 10 mins)

using procmon.exe (sysinternals), you can see that all Ninja is doing is polling their servers and your application is hung waiting their response.

why have they relegated any data request (from same day data) to a lower priority than the last second/minute's data?, and hence these significantly noticeable delays?

I don't have to ask, whether others are having that problem, there's simply no way, other users of Zenfire / Rithmic are not having the same problem, and they can trap/trace it and see it for themselves...

you just can't complete, when your platform freezes and others are not, and when other platforms and data vendors provide immediate responses to those requests for chart redraws...