Zenfire laggy?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ArcticTrader, Mar 25, 2009.

1. q.b.q.b

q.b.q.b

More likely your RAM or CP resources are behind the problem if its delayed that much.

#11     Mar 25, 2009
  2. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Just to clarify, on my personal PC when I saw the lag it was on a quote screen. Now, I do have a lot of chart windows open and tomorrow I will try again with them closed... however I also have a Core i7 920 with 12 Gigs of Ram and 2 very fast Western Digital 640 hard drives in a Raid-0 configuration... so I highly doubt that my system could be behind anything!

#12     Mar 25, 2009
  3. q.b.q.b

q.b.q.b

Doesn't sound like it should be with your computer then. I've never had any problem with Zen/Ninja for a few years so I usually assume its somehow user related. :D

Different brokers, different servers, different connections who can say?

My experience with eSignal is/was they lag quite a bit when its busy...just another thing that makes this business so much fun. Good luck.

#13     Mar 25, 2009
  4. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

I certainly wouldn't classify it as a "problem", in that the lag is very small. However, it is definitely there, and for a very quick scalper it could be an issue at times (although not even much of one there). For someone trading longer timeframes it really doesn't matter. I guess I'm just trying to find out if the lag is normal, because if it is, then the whole idea of ZF being "the best" just went out the window. That's all...

#14     Mar 25, 2009
  5. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Thought I would post a screenshot of the lag. Sometimes is up to 1/2 second, and can be up to 2 points on YM. TransAct moves through a few price points sometimes before ZF catches up. Unless I am missing something in my NinjaTrader settings, I really don't think that ZenFire + NT can make any claim to be "the best" any more!

Keep in mind that this type of lag is perfectly acceptable for most traders, and it won't make much a difference... but extremely short-term scalpers might be interested in checking this out further to see if their results correspond with my own.

#15     Mar 26, 2009
  6. cipher4d

cipher4d

i just checked it out, pull up your instrument chart next to your makret analyzer, for some reason the market analyzer quotes lag, but the chart is spot on. I suggest comparing your chart to Transact rather than the Market Analyzer

The Market lyzer seems to be .5 seconds behind, similar to how the charts can lag if you dont change the update rate but there is no way to change the analyzer update rate. Silly

#16     Mar 26, 2009
  7. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

So anyways, I solved the issue. Actually the problem here was NinjaTrader, not Zenfire. Apparently the Quote window in NinjaTrader is purposely set to update only once per second, which means that it's going to lag. If you look at the quotes in the Time and Sales window, ZF and TransAct are right on par. Sometimes one leads by the tiniest fraction, and sometimes it's the other. I don't think it's a noticeable difference though.

#17     Mar 26, 2009
  8. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

Yeah I just figured this out and posted at the same time you did. Stupid NinjaTrader quirk...

#18     Mar 26, 2009
  9. RL8093

RL8093

I recommend that you check your system & the settings as your observation is in opposition to that found by the majority of traders within the free world .... :D :D :D ... :eek:

R

#19     Mar 26, 2009