ZenFire Data Feed IB / Ninja

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by digdeep, Mar 26, 2008.

1. NetTecture,

As far as I know there is (or will be in the near future) a server in Frankfurt (Germany) offered from Mirus/ZenFire.
    But I have some questions concerning Rithmic. I have also developed a front end for trading and looking for some alternatives for IB quotes. Is that what Rithmic can provide or do they offer a kind of order-service combined with quotes (similar to IB)?
    Do they charge for the API? Do they have any kind of demo-server or do I need to subscribe some exchanges for development? Since my app is only a hobby I do not make any money with it and therefore I want to avoid extra-cost.

Thanks,
    Daniel

#31     Nov 12, 2009
  2. I wnot answer that - I hope Jonathon of Rithmic goes in here. They have an API and I got access to it and their test environment for free ;)

They basically do the same Zen-Fire does. Well, actually a large part of the Zen-FIre is the Rithmic software, with their own network etc. - but at the end, they are compatible (one can use the Rithmnic API to connect to Rithmic2, which is Zen-Fire). They do data feed, limited historical as well as order handling and the whole backend side.

#32     Nov 12, 2009
  3. pfranz

pfranz

.NET speed terrific compared to VB6? All .NET programs I have used look slow, sluggish and eat memory. A framework slows down everything. Managed code also.
    It's not a matter of optimization, rather cleanness. Microsoft continue to publish fixes for .NET frameworks. I want to bypass all the clutter I can: I try to avoid ocx, activex, using only original windows DLL. All other software is a source of bugs and exploits for hackers.
    I don't use C/C++ simply because I don't like it and I stay with what I know (which is not so good). In fact x86 assembly is an interpreted language (no modern processor "speaks" it natively): I use it because I know it.
    It's a matter of control: if I do things myself I know what's going on, and I know I will NEVER have speed or memory problems, whatever I will decide to do in the future.
    I want my software to run smoothly on 64Mb-128Mb machines with 500Mhz processors: this is a LOT of power (I consider Windows 98 and Office 97 resource hogs).
    About hosting: I want efficient quotes also to implement stops effectively, since I don't want to give them to exchanges for all internals to see & chase. Do you think we can trust hosting firms and give them our software? It's not like giving stops information away, but I don't feel very comfortable...

Thanks for the info.

#33     Nov 12, 2009