Zen, Yoga, Meditation and Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Karma Yogi, Oct 12, 2006.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

anyone read, "The Way of the Warrior-Trader" by Richard D. McCall ?

I read it about a year ago, its an interesting book about specific meditations that the Samurai warriors used to develop courage, confidence, and disclipline. Might be worthwhile for some here......

#51     Oct 15, 2006
  2. Joab

Joab

Psalm 111'10

Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

www.biblegateway.com

20 minutes a day :)

#52     Oct 15, 2006
  3. Didn't Jesus teach love, compassion, and understanding? And not to judge...

#53     Oct 15, 2006

4. Thats great if its what gets you through your day. Theres just too many contradictions in it for me.

The old testament starts out with a "vengeful God", than in the new testament he is a "forgiving God". What changed? he had a son? I have four sons and I can tell you kids will drive you to drink. No wonder Jesus always had wine nearby.

I also remember reading something about Job. He was supposed to be such a great guy. then he offers the angry crowd his two daughters for the crowd to have sex with so they won't bother the angels that stopped by his house for dinner. Whats the moral of that story?

If my posts offends, I am sorry, it was not my intention. i think the bible is a great story book, but for me it ends there. To each his own.

#54     Oct 15, 2006
  5. lindq

lindq

Yes, exactly. It is that simple. He needed to clarify his message after thousands of years of misunderstanding.

And really, what better way to do it than become one of us for a few years?

But even now, his very simple message of peace, love and understanding is subverted, misinterpreted and ignored. That's our fault. Always will be. Because we have the free will to reject or embrace the message and establish our own path. And, to live with the consquences of our actions. Welcome to life.

The value of meditation, which I have practiced for years, is very simply to settle your mind and clear it of thoughts that can muddy your decisions, and the experience of yourself. It is a wonderful exercise for trading, because it helps to settle your mind and bring conflicting emotions under control. There should be nothing 'mystical' about the practice if it is done property. It is very simple and natural, and this world would be a far better place if more people took up the practice.

#55     Oct 15, 2006
  6. Joab

Joab

LOL

It's Jesus Christ that will return to Judge us, his message is, that SIN is the cause of all man's problems and the reason for our separation from GOD.

People make a huge error when they think of him as meek.

The Lamb will return as the Lion.

#56     Oct 15, 2006
  7. Joab

Joab

jaronimo

You didn't offend me :)

A. Your completely wrong about GOD in the Old Testament, he CONSTANTLY forgives and is very compassionate.

B. Jesus Christ is a GIFT because he loved us and did not want us to have to deal with his wrath because were knuckle heads and we never learn.

C. The story of JOB is the ONLY story in the Bible that EVERY major world religion agree's upon so you might want to re read it for yourself.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1-3

I have studied all kinds of new age and ancient philosophies and they all lead to nowhere.

GOD is the only answer if you want true peace and happiness.

In my humble opinion.

#57     Oct 15, 2006
  8. Where in my post did you infer that I said Jesus was meek?

I said "didn't Jesus teach love, compassion, and understanding? And not to judge..."

If you consider that as meek, you are ignorant. And I suggest you read the New Testament again in order to find out what Jesus taught.

I think you have listened to others for to long, and they have told you what you should think...that is where the hate comes in.

#58     Oct 15, 2006
  9. Joab

Joab

I have no ideal what your even talking about and your anger and accusations are funny.

First you call me ignorant and then you tell me that I am a hate monger.

LOL

Did I touch a nerve when I said that Jesus Christ will be back to Judge our SIN?

#59     Oct 15, 2006
  10. Jesus was a kabbalist, like every other jewish rabbi/essene of the time, he'd be horrified by christianity

#60     Oct 15, 2006