Zen in Trading - I believe!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TheMayan, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Good one.........LOL

#31     Feb 28, 2006
  2. Try these asanas (yoga poses), in this order, as explained in the link below:

1) Karmasana (sanskrit. Work pose)
    2) Bhavasana (Ideation Pose)
    3) Sarvaungasana (All limbs pose)
    4) Matsyamudra (Fish pose)
    followed by Shavasana (corpse pose) and Sadhana (meditation - literally - "effort to complete").

nb. High blood pressure sufferers don't do 3).

It should take 30-45 minutes all up (including warm up) and they are not too difficult to master even for a beginner or odd body type person. I have included poses that I feel will specifically assist traders (I am a trader but have qualified as a yoga/meditation instructor in the past).

You can experiment if you have gained some proficiency (ie. Mayurasana - although difficult to do is excellent in helping to overcome fear).

Make sure you have an empty stomach and it is best to do them after taking your morning/(evening for some) shower.

http://home.zonnet.nl/sundaram/yogales_en.htm

Zen, Tantra, Buddhism etc. is 99% practise.

#32     May 4, 2006
  3. derg

derg

I thought the Zen applications to trading were quite the opposite. To see the markets clearly, one must cleanse oneself of all biases stemming from personal emotions. This implies taking the cold, unemotional numbers and charts as your master and guide. Your hopes and desires for what the market will do must be irrelevant. Your mind must become one with the market as it really is in real time, in order for smooth surfing and catching the big waves. This what buddhists mean by the "loss of ego"- it is actually the creation of a real ego that is part of the reality, and the destruction of one detached from reality (one based on emotions).

#33     May 4, 2006
  4. Cheese

Cheese

I like your description of the market.
    :)

#34     May 4, 2006
  5. Bodhidharma must be turning over in his grave.

#35     May 4, 2006
  6. cgjung

cgjung

Zen is not here or there, but rather inbetween.

You cannot define, just be and trade and cut your losses.

#36     May 4, 2006
  7. Mplay

Mplay

Perhaps the problem is we R focusing too much on ourselves rather than the plan. How many times have U said to urself that if U had only left the plan alone U would have been profitable for the day. It’s when we interfere & micro manages the plan that we run into problems. Its when we think this time its different for some reason that we justify that this time we need to intercede only to find out at the end of the day or when its over that it wasn’t different & that if we had just let the plan do its thing it would have worked out better. So take the pressure off Urself & focus it on the plan. Let the plan deal with all the pressure of being right or wrong. All U do is sit on the side & observe the outcomes.

#37     May 6, 2006
  8. #38     May 15, 2006
  9. Mplay, this is good trading wisdom but it takes an internal revolution to let go of the ego and flow with the market.....it must be practiced until the ego lets go.:)

#39     May 19, 2006