Zen in Trading - I believe!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TheMayan, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the post. Breath and breathing is the key to a healthy life.

I think a discipline of Pranayama is always helpful, of course there are many different types and ratios. I practice a 1:4:2 and even with that there are varying degrees.

Lotus 7

#21     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Thanks Mayan,

#22     Feb 27, 2006
  3. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Marty you are so right. there are a lot of parallels between trading and the spiritual pursuit

We are all seekers and we all want this thing that trading represents to us. (Money, freedom, and so on) we want it so bad we become so attached that indeed we have it ass backward. this attachment causes us to fail. we want it so bad that we can never have it till we let this desire go and finally we come to a point that we are somewhat balanced.

It is the same for many spiritual seekers.

As they say, as long as you are seeking you can not realize that which you are seeking, you must even let go of that desire which you seek. trading is seeking. everybody is looking for this thing, seeking, seeking, seeking, what indicator to use, what course to take, i need to find a mentor, and so on. It can go on for eternity.

it is interesting the parallels

Lotus 7

#23     Feb 27, 2006
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#24     Feb 27, 2006
  5. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

#25     Feb 27, 2006
  6. TheMayan

TheMayan

For the beginners: "the focus on you breath" may be count (1, 2, 3....) your breath, and restart your counting if you think in another thing than the breath.

After some days you should have the capacity to remove all thinking in that moment from your mind.

Them you are prepared to focus only in the thing you want (trading).

#26     Feb 27, 2006

7. Unfortunately, your memory decieves you.

and your interpretation although interesting, is one standard deviation away from the authors.

From the book titled "If you meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill him!" by Sheldon Kopp

"The Zen Master warns; If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him? This admonition points up that no meaning that comes from outside ourselves is real."......

"Killing the Buddha on the road means destroying the hope that anything outside ourselves can ever be our master".....

Steve.

#27     Feb 27, 2006
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

you are correct but I have no idea where he is to ask and his link on the picture is no longer working, of course I should have put on a disclaimer that this is from somebody else method, not mine.

Note*: Zen way pic is from Eric Von (Zen_Tiger in Paltalk)

#28     Feb 27, 2006
  9. I'm lost....no pun!!!

#29     Feb 28, 2006
  10. The instant you become aware that you are lost, you are not lost... no pun!!!

#30     Feb 28, 2006