Zen Fire

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ram, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ram

ram

Anyone else having data feed problems in the last few days?

2. t1ck3r

t1ck3r

What feeds are you talking about ?

All feeds combined we were bringing in 45,000 messages a second last tuesday. This tuesday it is double that 90,000 messages a second.

3. Not at all

4. ram

ram

Both yesterday and today the feed for the indexes, especially ES, was sporadically going in and out in the morning. There were gaps in my charts yesterday and a few today. I was wondering if it was just me or a system wide problem. I've had the Zen-Fire/Ninja combination for a few months and have not experienced this type of thing before.

5. t1ck3r

t1ck3r

Quote rates are up from a week ago. But this should not effect your ability to process them. Each of the feeds from the exchanges has a sequence code so you should be able to see if your dropping messages.

I can tell you the feeds for NYSE, Nasdaq and OPRA are all working fine no interruptions.

My guess is your having difficulty on the application level.

Good Luck,

Greg

6. ram

ram

I just had a conversation with my broker and it looks like the problem is my DSL provider. I am not getting the speeds I'm supposed to be getting. Verizon has been oversubscribing in my area and there has been a significant slowdown during peak hours. Looks like I should be switching to cable.

7. I was having problems 2-3 days ago.. Anyone else??