Zen Fire lags CQG.avi -AUGUST 9, 2011 -25 SECONDS LAG!!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Andromeda, Aug 9, 2011.

1. CQG Trader has charts?

#21     Aug 10, 2011
  2. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

No sir. You'd need CQG Integrated Client for CQG charts.

#22     Aug 10, 2011

3. Zenfire and Rithmic are not precisely the same. Zenfire uses Rithmic technology but Zenfire and Rithmic are different services run on different servers by different administrators/companies so one should not assume that poor performance observed by Zenfire means Rithmic will also be poor. It may be that zenfire has just oversubscribed their feed.

#23     Aug 10, 2011
  4. @Dale Box

Is it possible to interface directly (via proprietary program) to CQG API?

Any extra fees?

#24     Aug 11, 2011
  5. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Hi Uexkuell,

In order to use the CQG API you'd need to use the CQG I.C. (integrated client). CQG I.C. pricing starts at $595.00 per month.

Best regards,

Dale

#25     Aug 11, 2011
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Here is the link for details on the CQG API access:

http://www.cqg.com/Products/CQG-API.aspx

There is a new CQG Trader API - that is being used by 3rd Party Platforms. I will check and see if available for indvidual customers.

#26     Aug 11, 2011
  7. Maybe CQG with Ninja is great...I have not tried it...but if you are going to use this solution I would take a hard look at AMP's financials. From the CFTC data only $461k excess capital. This is one bad trade. Again, not judging technology but you need to be very careful as this is just scary.

#27     Aug 11, 2011
  8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Here is the info. This is available with "Live" AMP Accounts (No Demo):

CQG has expanded our product offering to include the new CQG Trader API in order to provide solutions for customers needing the most reliable data and low-latency trading. The CQG Trader API helps traders' tools become even more effective with our data feed and order routing services.

The CQG Trader API supports both market data and order routing functionality:
    • Market Data
    o Real-time market data
    o Last trade and current bid/offer data with volumes
    o Depth of Market (DOM) data with volumes
    • Trading
    o Hosted Exchange Gateway access
    o Manual and automatic trade execution
    o Trade monitoring
    The API can be used for:
    • External analytics
    • Automated trading
    • Exporting real-time data to your applications
    Traders can select from two options for the CQG Trader API:
    • DOM data for up to ten contracts simultaneously
    • DOM data for up to three contracts simultaneously
    Both provide last trade and best bid/ask data for all products that are enabled to trade at the same time.

CQG offers two installation packages:
    • Full – includes both CQG Trader and the CQG Trader API
    • API – includes only the CQG Trader API (for customers who have their own front end)

#28     Aug 11, 2011
  9. Much like the TOS datafeed.

I'm also considering CQG or TT.

#29     Aug 17, 2011
  10. So... Can I open a small account with AMP and get ninjatrader historical and realtime charts based on the CQG datafeed, as well as the ninjatrader execution brackets, etc, etc for free?. If not, what are the costs?. I'm certainly not going to pay for CQG analytics/charting package.

Is there a minimum volume requirement?. What are the total-allin costs including all hidden fees?.

#30     Aug 20, 2011