Zen Fire Disaster

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Cazza La Randa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. To heech or emg or anyone else familiar with rithimic and Ninjatrader.

What about data backfill? It is my understanding that when using zen-fire/Ninjatrader, the folks at Ninjatrader are actually doing the data backfill requests. How does that work with rithimic?

thanks,
    cT

#51     Sep 21, 2010
  2. heech

heech

I actually don't use Ninja's historical servers, so I don't know the answer from personal experience. I *believe* it should work identically for ZenFire and Rithmic... but I'm not certain.

I use IQFeed for all of my historical data needs. I trade a wide variety of contracts that Ninja doesn't have historical data for.

#52     Sep 21, 2010

3. Ninja 7 has fixed so many of the often joked about errors and flaws with 6.5

were you using one of the Beta versions of NT7 when you made this comparison?

#53     Sep 21, 2010
  4. AGAIN!

#54     Oct 20, 2010
  5. BCE

BCE

I haven't had any problems the last few weeks but wasn't trading all day.

#55     Oct 20, 2010
  6. emg

emg

you sound like a zen fire broker promoting goodwill.

#56     Oct 20, 2010
  7. cstfx

cstfx

I have not noticed any problem here

what issues do you have today?

#57     Oct 20, 2010
  8. RobertG

RobertG

I have a direct connection to Rithmic and all is working fine.
    Once a broker decides to get into the tech business, this is what you get..malfunctions.

#58     Oct 20, 2010
  9. Not sure how that zen-fire (or zen-freeze) is reacting, but my OEC data and connection has been rock solid in recent memory. If your connections are dropping, at least demo the OEC software out and take a look.

And it's free to customers so that is nice to not be paying for a data fee anymore. I was with T4 prior to OEC and those data fees can get hefty.

http://www.openecry.com

#59     Oct 20, 2010

10. Whenever I see you , you reference openecry , LOL

#60     Oct 20, 2010