Zen Fire Disaster

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Cazza La Randa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

Vision's margin rates are too high.

#41     Sep 21, 2010
  2. heech

heech

I've always been at exchange minimum with them. Their commissions are probably not the lowest, though. For my trading, less important than stability of platform.

#42     Sep 21, 2010
  3. BCE

BCE

AMP Futures is now doing their own clearing. Isn't there increased risk on our part with going with such a small clearing firm?

And if Zen-Fire uses Rithmic's servers then why is Zen-Fire having all these data feed issues and Rithmic isn't?

#43     Sep 21, 2010
  4. BCE

BCE

BTW I've decided that "Zen-Fire" should appropriately now be named "Zen-Freeze". :D

#44     Sep 21, 2010
  5. BCE

BCE

But Global and Mirus and AMP, etc., are around $500 per contract for the most widely traded e-minis.

#45     Sep 21, 2010
  6. heech

heech

Geez. I was sloppy in my description.

I *meant* to say ZenFire licenses Rithmic's server application... not their application/server. They run on different hardware, hosted at different data centers.

And so far (knock on wood), Rithmic seems to be doing a better job of engineering. I would venture to guess this is probably because ZenFire is run by former traders, while Rithmic is run by engineers.

#46     Sep 21, 2010
  7. I did side x side with Pats and XTrader applications against ZenFire feed through Dorman, which hosts those servers, and they were neck and neck,

so, so much for zen-freeze

rofl

#47     Sep 21, 2010
  8. moarla

moarla

i did the same test. you will see the freeze when the market moves fast. try it today on FED :)

(it could be also a Ninja problem...)

#48     Sep 21, 2010
  9. BCE

BCE

Ninja always blames Zen-Freeze and says don't blame us which may be true.

#49     Sep 21, 2010
  10. ehorn

ehorn

Workin' just fine for me post fed... :)

I have little to complain about with Mirus.

Cheers!

#50     Sep 21, 2010