Zen Fire Disaster

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Cazza La Randa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

Is TT data feed Trading Technologies? So X-Trader has it's own data feed?

#31     Sep 20, 2010
  2. heech

heech

I've traded with both, and currently trade Rithmic. You are not completely correct.

ZenFire is based on Rithmic technology (licensing their software)... but the two companies host their servers (+ datafeeds) separately. I have not had any serious connectivity issues with Rithmic's servers or data feeds in more than a year, and I trade (automated) 6 days a week, 23 hours a day.

I did have an issue ONCE with their risk settings being down on Sunday of Easter Weekend. I was able to pick up a phone and talk to their live support (and executive team) within 30 minutes, and get everything resolved.

#32     Sep 20, 2010
  3. heech

heech

The Rithmic + Ninja combination are available from Vision Financial:

http://www.vfmarkets.com/futures/services/platforms/

I don't think Vision gets enough attention. In my experience, Vision is *by far* a better FCM than Dorman or RCG. (And yes, I used to be with Mirus clearing RCG).

#33     Sep 20, 2010

4. I see Mirus is on the list, but then they sell Zenfire (packaged Rithmic, as you say).

So which brokers are providing "pure" Rithmic?

#34     Sep 21, 2010
  5. emg

emg

zen fire brokers use clearing firms such as rcg, dorman, etc to connect the rithmic server. Rithmic is the data server.

#35     Sep 21, 2010
  6. emg

emg

To save cost, zen fire use rithmic as a data provider, use ninja trader as a platform provider, and use clearing firms (RCG, Dorman, etc) to connect the data server in the exchanges.

they use repackage the name zen fire in order to charge higher commission. Increase the BRAND awareness. Zen Fire brokerS are not tech support but a simple salesmen/saleswomen

#36     Sep 21, 2010
  7. i have a ? on zen fire . i use AMP FUTURES with zen . i trade with time based charts 15 minute ,a rep from amp told me the time based charts work with my computers clock but for about two weeks a new bar forms with somtimes 15 seconds left on the previous bar and somtimes its 10 seconds , 3 seconds ,you get the point how do i fix this any suggestions

#37     Sep 21, 2010
  8. Yes and...yes... obviously. google trading technologies. :D

#38     Sep 21, 2010
  9. heech

heech

You are mixing up all kinds of terms here. Clearing firms have nothing to do with "connecting to the Rithmic server". Clearing firms are the futures exchange members who hold custody of your money, will ultimately process your trades. Dorman is a (tiny) clearing firm, RCG is a (huge) clearing firm, Vision is a (medium-sized) clearing firm.

And I do not believe Rithmic is the "data server" for ZenFire. The two companies are (I think intentionally) fuzzy on how exactly the architecture is laid out. But based on the time I've spent with both... I believe the two companies host their servers separately, pay for their exchange feeds separately, etc, etc. I believe ZenFire just licenses the application/server from Rithmic. I believe on a day-to-day operating basis, ZenFire doesn't communicate anything to Rithmic.

#39     Sep 21, 2010
  10. heech

heech

For retail customers, look to Vision.

#40     Sep 21, 2010