Zen Fire Disaster

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Cazza La Randa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. emg

emg

why should rithmic resolve if a brokerage is selling another name

#21     Sep 20, 2010
  2. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

In my experience all brokers/data vendors have technical problems occasionally.

When it happens though I judge them on how they manage the problem.

A key part of that problem management is informing their clients/traders so clients are NOT trading on stale or poor quality datafeed.

In my view if they knew their was a data problem and DID NOT inform traders that the data was stale or bad....then it is unforgivable!!

I have'nt received any email advising me about the issue today from Miras...I wondered if anyone else had. (I got the "nightmare" response note that you mention some time back).

Overall since I started using Miras/ZF they have been reliable compared to other brokers I have used - BUT the lack of communication on the issue today is a MAJOR concern.

JR

#22     Sep 20, 2010
  3. I switched my broker for this very reason. Using a TT feed now (for Ninja) and haven't had any problems

#23     Sep 20, 2010
  4. Dorman Direct is a great platform; you guys are missing out. I don't think my DOME has ever frozen. Ever.

Of course it's CTS's T4 platform.

Just an earnest suggestion to you guys having difficulty with your interface.

PM me if you need more info.

GL!:D

#24     Sep 20, 2010
  5. jlampel

jlampel ET Sponsor

For anyone interested in using X-Trader with the TT data feed that compares with the speed of Zen Fire please feel free to call or email me anytime. Here are our X-Trader commissions:

http://www.globalfutures.com/accounts/comm-xt.asp

Commission Schedule for X_TRADER® Platform Users*
    Retail Account Type A*
    Trading Volume
    (R/T per Month) CME/Globex/CBOT/ICE
    (Per Side/Per Contract) EUREX
    (Per Side/Per Contract)
    0 - 9,999 $0.45 0,45€
    10,000 - 14,999 $0.35 0,35€
    15,000 - 19,999 $0.30 0,30€
    20,000 - 49,999 $0.20 0,20€
    50,000 - 99,999 $0.10 0,10€
    100,000 + $0.05 0,05€

Retail Account Type A
    Customer is responsible for paying the regular platform fee of $650 per month (fee based on one exchange only).

Thank you,
    Josh Lampel
    jlampel@globalfutures.com
    www.globalfutures.com
    877 367 3177

#25     Sep 20, 2010
  6. BCE

BCE

No they didn't send out any alerts that I heard of. I may email them about this now.

#26     Sep 20, 2010
  7. BCE

BCE

Which broker do you guys use?

#27     Sep 20, 2010
  8. emg

emg

the reason why i am bashing zen fire because of the terrible experience i had with the zen fire broker in 2008

during summer 2008, zen fire was crashing non stop like discconection. because of that, i lose more than $10K. i investigated what is zen fire and found out rithmic is the actual data technology. i asked if zen fire is rithmic, and their respond was they never heard of it and told me that zen fire is the real data technology

because of misrepresent or dishonesty and bad customer svc, i switched.

the reason why i investigated what is zen fire because my brokerage tech supports doesnt know why the zen fire crashing.

#28     Sep 20, 2010
  9. BCE

BCE

What broker are you with now and what feed and platform do you use?

#29     Sep 20, 2010
  10. BCE

BCE

Hi, Josh Just wondering what the difference is between Account Type A and B. And what is the TT data feed? This is Turbo Trader? How does this work in conjunction with X-Trader? And do you offer other feeds for NinjaTrader besides Zen-Fire? Thanks.

#30     Sep 20, 2010