Zen Fire data feed in fast market

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Andromeda, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Yes, that sounds like ninja.

All the time I am collecting CME data - all BUT bid/ask (only th best bids and asks) today for perforamcne tests. Thanks to zen-fire. Up to about 20.000 quotes per second. The feed is terrific ;) Ninja... otoh... could not handle that ;)

#41     Aug 25, 2009
  2. FB123

FB123

99% chance it's your CPU. Open Task Manager and check to see if it's anywhere near 100%. If it is, you are definitely getting lag. (Even if it's not, you still might be getting it unless the utilization is below 50%.) The good news is that NT 7 still seems to be on track of end of Sept beta release. It says something about what a piece of crap this program is that everyone is waiting to use a beta of the next version rather than the current release.

#42     Aug 25, 2009
  3. That is very well said. Whoppa. I got NT a month ago and asked for a refund -telling them they can get another try at my money when the software is not total crap ;)

#43     Aug 25, 2009
  4. DonKee

DonKee

Are you thinking that NT7 will be less of a drain on the same CPU that is running at 70-90% during fast markets with 6.5?

#44     Aug 25, 2009
  5. Actually we all hope NT7 wil lbeable to use MORE than one CPU core finally ;) I have a quad core trading station that basically shuts down 3 cores for Ninja.

#45     Aug 25, 2009
  6. FB123

FB123

I know that it will, based on the performance improvements that they are claiming in their log. For one thing, they have dropped Access as a DB solution and gone with SQL Server (why they didn't do this in the first place is beyond me). They have also optimized all their bar drawing routines, and added multi-core support. At any rate, it can't possibly be worse than 6.5.

#46     Aug 25, 2009
  7. I just wish they would hire some more Indians to get that job done! Seriously Ray 1 year behind schedule.

The bugs aren't going to be worked out until 2010.

I feel your frustration ppl. :p

#47     Aug 25, 2009
  8. This, and some more, is why I... started doing my own. Trust in Ninja: zero.

#48     Aug 25, 2009
  9. FB123

FB123

I'm going to give them one more shot with NT 7. If they don't solve their performance and stability issues, I'm moving to another broker and platform.

#49     Aug 25, 2009
  10. DonKee

DonKee