Zen Fire data feed in fast market

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Andromeda, Aug 22, 2009.

1. The CPU usage with all applications is between min 5% max 25%

#11     Aug 22, 2009
  2. That already is a lot. But then, as i meant: look at it when it lags. YOu will see it maxing out.

#12     Aug 22, 2009
  3. Truff

Truff

I don't use P2p, when I trade only CNBC and real time news are enabled. RUN YOUR NEWS FEEDS ON A DIFFERENT PC. i HAD SAME ISSUE LAST YEAR AND WHEN I TOOK NEWS FEEDS OFF I HAD NO ISSUES. TRY THAT

#13     Aug 22, 2009
  4. But Zen-Fire does not exist ;) What you get as Zen-Fire is actually another technology, repackaged. They put their own name on it.

Heck, Ninja does not even use the Zen-Fire API but the original one by the technology provider.

I have like 2 grips with Zen-Fire:
    * First, I dont like the repackaging. Gets the impression Zen-FIre is like a technology, when in reality it is a marketing label.
    * The API is quite bad. Some really nice design mistakes - and in fact... this is why I think Ninja uses the original API ;) Not the official Zen-Fire one ;)

The original technology is terrific.

#14     Aug 22, 2009
  5. slacker

slacker

Who is the vendor of the underlying zen-fire technology? Any other vendors of this trading technology other than Zen-fire? Thank you

#15     Aug 22, 2009
  6. Rithmic.

Zen-Fire is a Rithmic implementation.

They even list"R Trader" (the original Rithmic trading application) on their website. If you ahve access to the original RIthmic API it can connecto to the Zen-Fire systems.

Rithmic is in use at quite a number of FCM's and IB's. This is most likely why Zen-Fire was formed as marketing term.

Using Zen-FIre with Mirus (which is waht I do) because Mirus is special in this regard?
    Well.... Rosenthal Collins offers Rithmic also direct ;)

#16     Aug 22, 2009
  7. Are you sure? What is the trading platform that runs Rithmic? Can you provide a link?

Thank You

#17     Aug 22, 2009
  8. Yes, 100% sure. THe Rithmic API works against Zen-FIre and has more functions than Zen-FIre originally has.

Their trading platform? Well, Rithmic IS a trading platform.

http://www.rithmic.com/

Technology partners?

Well, lets just say you find the whole Zen-Fire providers there, as well as Ninja Trader and Zen-Fire.

Zen-Fire, as far as it looks to me now, is nothing more than a nice label around Rithmic. Looking at the API they actually botcher it - I had various complaints on the API level that were answered with "what you need that for" from Zen-Fire - the Rithmic API actually does not have those complaints from my side, because it... has those features (like asking for exact PAST executions in case my internet was down - Zen-Fire API has no function for that, so past-auditing is not possible).

#18     Aug 22, 2009
  9. On the website they mentioned R/Trader as their front end platform, correct?

But it seems to me that is not available for retail customers

Actually you can trade only through NINJA ...or maybe Photon Trader

#19     Aug 22, 2009
  10. #20     Aug 22, 2009