Zen and The Art of Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by martys, Sep 16, 2004.

1. I do feel like I am going toward the deeper side of the water and knowledge can only get me out so far then I don't know what's gonna help... Maybe a little luck :) But I think this is where I want to be. Thanks for the forewarning... I probably am underestimating the whole thing. :confused:

#481     Apr 15, 2005
  2. #482     Apr 19, 2005

3. In the interview mentioned above, Gary Leffew explained how he trained actor Luke Perry how to ride a bull without having the actor actually riding the bull (to avoid having Perry injured during the making of the movie "8 seconds")

Just through the means of visualization, Leffew successfully taught the actor who then went on to ride a bull for real (at the end of the movie) in a superb way...

#483     Apr 19, 2005
  4. I started another thread "Dao of Trading" which should reinforce some of the same themes. The thread is gonna discuss Lao Tzu's "Dao De Ching" and not Larry's great book "The Tao of Poker."

#484     May 19, 2005
  5. joesan

joesan

Hi Martys

Four years have passed since your last post in this thread, could you share with us if the zen/meditation has helped you to improve your trade results ?

#485     Jul 18, 2009
  6. The most important thing is to find an edge yourself... the preferred edge would be to frontrun buyers and sellers... and not curve fitting hit or missed magic, math and theories. Even statistical models are questionable for retail traders.

#486     Jul 29, 2009
  7. mxjones

mxjones

He didn't answer your question, but I will say I have been meditating for two years now and it has helped me in every aspect of my life. Try it out.

#487     Jul 29, 2009
  8. Right. Doing meditation to help trading is kinda demeaning.

#488     Jul 29, 2009
  9. joesan

joesan

Thanks, I got the idea: Meditation/Zen is universally beneficial to the trader . I also proacitse meditation sporadically,and found that reading books/articles on Zen is very helpful in understanding and benefitting from meditation better.

#489     Jul 29, 2009
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Since there is so much essential information in the early part of this thread, and since it's not on the Hall of Fame list, and since no one has posted to it for five years, and since it's practically impossible to find unless one already knows where it is, I'm bumping it.

Those who seek calm in their trading, particularly those who are continually battling fear, will find this thread helpful. It may in fact save their trading lives.

The rules don't get finished until post 448, but the author shows up in post 308 (that sort of thing was not uncommon back in the day).

Db

#490     Feb 11, 2014