Zen and the Art of Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nicodemus, Sep 9, 2001.

1. . Its amazing to watch the different markets move in lockstep. Bill Williams said in "Trading Chaos" that any imbalance in supply and demand is corrected in nanoseconds. I think he's right. I gave up the search for leading indicators and moved to percentage patterns but as more and more traders follow the patterns they lose their effectiveness. Its beautiful. The market is a living thing. The pace of change is a geometric progression. By the time you get it, its gone. Now I begin the day with no preconceptions. I am the Market. Feed me.

2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

"be water, my friend"

3. Babak

Babak

Does anyone understand Bill Williams' book (Trading Chaos)? I tried reading it (really, I tried) but just couldn't follow him.
    Is it just me or is he out to lunch?

4. I don't think it's just you Babak. I've read a couple of Williams interviews that I thought were very insightful and helpful, but his books are another story altogether. After extensive testing and comparisons, I found all of his methodologies to be much less than optimal, and I don't use or pay any attention to any of them. Some of his ideas about trading in general, however ----- from a psycholgical, Zen/Taoist-based point of view, however ----- are right on target, but I've found I needed to adapt those attitudes to my own trading strategies while ignoring his altogether.

5. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

never read the book. I do like the books by Mark Douglas.

6. babe714

babe714

I'm having the same problem with Zen in the art of archery . Maybe I'm just too shallow .

7. I'm not endorsing William's book or methodologies. I just happen to agree with that particular statement.