Zen & Absurdism

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by exGOPer, Feb 26, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

That's why absurdism made more sense to me because it didn't make sense otherwise existentialism is just another school of philosophy with too much speculative metaphysics.

#11     Feb 28, 2018
  2. Sig

Sig

I do have to admit that during my time in the military I retreated into an absurdist line of thinking frequently to help me deal with the institution. It's much more bearable when you can laugh at the absurdity of it!

#12     Feb 28, 2018
    exGOPer likes this.
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

#13     Feb 28, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  4. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

The fundamental difference between the two is that in absurdism everything is tried to be explained by the mind, while in Zen from the Higher Self perspective. Zen is not philosophy, Zen is the way to be, present at every moment - you can drink wine, you can do any nonsense, just be awake, observe yourself. Be an idiot as much as it will bring you Joy, which is the indicator that you are on your true way. Zen is misinterpreted as much as Crist's message. Trading is pure Zen for me.

#14     May 20, 2018
    Sprout and speedo like this.
  5. Piptaker

Piptaker

Here's the definition of Zen written below .

#15     Jun 8, 2018
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

There is nothing below, is it what you mean?

#16     Jun 8, 2018
  7. Piptaker

Piptaker

Everybody is in a certain "mind state" that can be defined. There are an infinite number of mind states. Most people don't realize the mind state they're in and are not in control of their thought patterns which ultimately defines their life. Basically zombies walking the earth. So an "awake" person understands we are all just mind states which externalizes in the world and when we control our thoughts more we start to control our world more.

This is what the philosophical traditions were getting at including the bible which people have incorrectly interpreted by personifying it . The true meaning of life which everybody seems to be searching for is internal .

The rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

#17     Jun 8, 2018
  8. Piptaker

Piptaker

Yup Zen is the "mind state" of "nothing".

#18     Jun 8, 2018
    murray t turtle and CSEtrader like this.
  9. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Everybody is rich and poor, and each soul has chosen to be born like that, their Higher Self, in order to get the lesson and become more elevated Self.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    #19     Jun 8, 2018
  10. %%
    Believe it or not, i like the Jack Schwager article ''Zen And The Art of Archery''BUT that top trader knows much more a bout big trends/big trading- than archery. Archery matches are with with precision sights.......; but lot of animals/game are killed with the art of archery. so i see his points. Dont really want to discus Zen LOL:D:cool:

#20     Aug 20, 2018