Zanger style Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alisa, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Do you have the original 1940 edition or the Smitten edition? If you want the 1940 edition email me... your right about the similarities, nice catch.

#11     Jun 30, 2006
  2. Your right! but your 20% figure is not.

#12     Jun 30, 2006
  3. zanger has gotten fat and rich. his news letter the last 2 months is horrible at best. he basically gives stocks that all know are hot as heck. what seperates zanger from the pact is his ability to take huge positions in the highest octane stocks and hold them. that ability and guts can't be taught. go read some of his articles were they ask him has he talk his style to anyone and he says he's tried but it's not worked. this whole summer he's been on his boat barely trading. but since he's got a newsletter he feels compelled to list a few ideas

#13     Jun 30, 2006
  4. Hence the above comment...

"Also, you don't have to be trading all the time ... you can grow your account sickly with 4-5 good trades a year if you understand the basics of position sizing and riding winners."

I agree, I think a lot of times he offers stocks when infact it's just better to be in cash and living the life on the boat!

One thing about Zanger's money management, he is a BTF (bet the farm) trader, frequently going full bore margin when he likes the position.

#14     Jun 30, 2006
  5. Sometimes I go full blown margin on a single stock. I do that with google frequently. I know that even if it reverses you still have your money in arguably one of the best companies in the world.

#15     Jun 30, 2006
  6. I do so also, but the second part of your statement is ludacris ... there is no such thing as "best companies." There are only stocks that go up and others that don't.

#16     Jun 30, 2006
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Mark Crisp is similar. He is into high momentum stocks & believes "concentration builds wealth. Diversification maintain wealth."

His recent momentum stocks are:
    TIE
    HANS
    VOL

#17     Jun 30, 2006
  8. everyone knows these hot stocks. why do you need zanger to tell you? you can look at a chart like zanger. the difference that seperates a great trader from a good trader is zanger goes balls to the wall in full margin when he likes it and makes huge money most of the time

#18     Jun 30, 2006
  9. I like that... "balls to the wall" LMAO!!!

#19     Jun 30, 2006
  10. I dissagree though with regard to google. Google is a juggernaut-it is taking market share away from Ebay, Yahoo, Amazon, and Microsoft without any signs of slowing. the growth is staggering. Meanwhile the technicals are awesome (only 10% off all time high) and wallstreet and analysts loves google (no negativity: ie probes/restatements/downgrades ever-motley fool, cramer,barrons and WSJ can complain all they like about google but their publications carry little weight in the market ). I can't find a company out there any closer to 'perfect' or better than google. In the coming decade google may be worth in excess of a trillion dollars and may even fund a project to put a man on mars via google space program-completely bypassing NASA (not joking)

#20     Jun 30, 2006