zagged when it should have zigged

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by regough, Apr 11, 2003.

1. regough

regough

Anybody else getting ready to go long just about the time(09.50) when the floor fell?

I would have thought the market would go up on strong consumer confidence numbers-

Oh, well. . . :confused:

2. Market likes to do what is not expected of it.

3. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

Bought the high, got head handed to me. Got short on 1.5x the size of first trade, made it all back. Up net $1 on the day. Let the weekend begin.

4. the market seeks the most pain:confused:

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

ME TOO....I MISSED....that's what happens when one thinks too much.....:eek:

6. went short SPY pre-mkt at 88.36..be wary of gap ups untill we penetrate the 200 ESA with conviction ,IMO of course :)
    good luck to all!!!!

7. I am amazed you could fade a gap open like this. Compared with the gap open on 4/2, which doesn't close, could you tell the difference between them? Thanks.

8. JT47319

JT47319

Sell the news, as the old maxim goes. The Michigan sentiment # was good, but it wasn't a surprise.

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You go with the odds. 71% of these gaps (at least on the Naz) fill. So, the odds are toward a fill.

--Db

10. I am amazed you could fade a gap open like this. Compared with the gap open on 4/2, which doesn't close, could you tell the difference between them? Thanks.

NP , Cool. S+P futures kinda trading in a little range minus 4/7,right? So when they had them up at the top of that range pre-mkt I figured i`ll sell em and if they broke the top of the range at 885.36 that would be my stop....

#10     Apr 11, 2003