"You've Insulted 10's millions workers"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Jul 15, 2003.

1. the bald look isn't so bad

#11     Jul 15, 2003
  2. noname

noname

the gap is getting bigger between the rich and poor, why is that a problem. It's their own fault. The poor make bad decisions about money and life choices, while the rich make good decisions. I have friends that make half the money I make, but drive more expensive cars wear more expensive cloths ect, and thats why they will always be poor. It's funny too, because they only fool poor people anybody that actually has money sees right through them its so obvious.

#12     Jul 15, 2003
  3. gerico

gerico

Don't think so.

#13     Jul 15, 2003
  4. What are you, like 12 years old ? Granted, deciding to take that job at McDonalds can be argued as a self limiting career choice but.....

Enron = good decision?

WorldCom = good decision?

LTCM = good decision ?

How many poor people can you name who've bankrupted a public company or government budget, or decimated an entire pension plan ?

#14     Jul 15, 2003
  5. gms

gms

We have a huge problem in my area with that. But as much as I would love everyone, not just senior citizens, to have affordable prescriptions... when I see seniors interviewed in their homes about this topic, I always notice that their homes are chock full of 'chotkas', nonessential junk they've purchased throughout their lives. Which leads me to ponder, these people had no qualms about buying Cadillacs and flying/cruising on vacations and buying jewelry and what not, during their lives, and now I have to subsidize them because they haven't enough now to buy their medicine? Why not just make medicine cheaper, like in Canada?

#15     Jul 15, 2003

6. Medicare and welfare come to mind as bankrupting a penison plan and economy....social security too

#16     Jul 15, 2003
  7. Groucho sang, "If you commence it, I'm against it", I think as Captain Spalding

#17     Jul 15, 2003
  8. noname

noname

#18     Jul 15, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And why should we subsidize the pharmaceutical industry simply because the US is in a "better position" to pay the prices. As you say, the drugs shouldn't be any cheaper - or more expensive - elsewhere than they are here.

#19     Jul 15, 2003
  10. So did I once. Now I'm "rich" so I don't need to anymore. I can run around in a torn shirt.

It's not that the rich people see through the facade of the poor. It's simply that the rich focus on being rich vs looking rich.

Conclude:

Truth#1: Rich people don't need to drive big cars / wear super clothes. They are rich already.

Truth#2: One of the reasons that they are rich is that at some stage in their life they simply realized Truth#1, saving themselves lots of money.

~The Scientist :cool:

#20     Jul 15, 2003