Youtube Gods

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by masterm1ne, Jun 8, 2019.

1. #21     Jun 9, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

Right, I am not a fan of his strategy(strongly discourage people from putting all their eggs in this basket), but I am a fan of what he brings to the community - full transparency and education from a real successful trader. That's why, imo, there's so much negativity about him - he makes his educational competition look like snake oil salesmen. No more - Oh, we are not allowed by law to show our results BS!

#22     Jun 9, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. guru

guru

Ross’ videos align with what his followers see him doing in real-time in his chat room, so he can’t change much in his videos. And he usually puts out videos the same day after trading - so doing heavy editing so quickly would be difficult.
    But one thing that I wish I verified more closely would be tick data and quotes around his trades, because sometimes I was a bit suspicious about him being able to pick liquidity on seemingly not-so-liquid stocks like buying 20k shares at $2 in a second. Though that was before he started using Lightspeed, so I was also suspicious about his broker (don’t remember if SureTrader or another one at that time, but it was even before he restarted his account at ~$500). But I never found solid signs of wrongdoing, and could prove his naysayers wrong easier than himself.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    #23     Jun 9, 2019
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm not a fan of trading small cap as an active day trader after they show up on the scanner from a big move, but I was never a day trader.

#24     Jun 9, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

I guess, there not posting the videos live, so there likely cherry picking only the winning videos, throwing in the odd loser for credibility, likely both on Demo accounts made to look real and making 1000's from advert revenue.

Chat room people can be paid stooges to support him, or not if 1000s ??

#25     Jun 9, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Looked up Ross, nice bought the strength of high of day, ballsy, which pays off, possibly Legit!!

#26     Jun 9, 2019
  7. For god's sake, anyone with a brain would be skeptical of someone who is making money like Ross is. I have been trading for 10 years and without some serious, complicated automated system to guide you, I feel like his results are unachievable. Maybe with INSANE Luck... and barring fair play that many mention... however, with as public as he is, and having his own business and education company and public youtube channel, if he were doing something illegal, how is he not behind bars? He has been doing this for several years now...

From watching Ross' earlier videos, I was incredulous that anyone could trade the way he does. I went thru his trades and some days he claimed to trade these one minute flash spikes... Someone mentioned that he is making millions from subscribers... I didn't realize that youtube was that profitable at less than 500k subs, unless there are a ton of "warrior traders" giving him money, which in any case is dumb. His accounts and P&L statements look like real numbers. I did see some posts stating he is very dodgy if you get personal... and his webinars are not live. I just can't believe hes been scamming people for several years and it still just works.

But forget Ross, look at Andrew. With all his posting and trade recaps he goes thru, I can't see a way in which he isn't legit. He looks at generic crap, like daily bars, VWAP, level 2, barely mentions S/R... But his win ratios just blow my mind. If I buy at the high of a 5 min opening range, I'm most likely fucked... over 10 years I see the same patterns happen day after day, and of course you never know which one is going to work. When it does work you better be holding to the max, which you will never really know where it is.

For a month, trading small I would make money, I make about 1k trading small shares. As soon as I size up I go on a losing streak, very few winning trades, I never hold long cuz stock always struggles...same patterns occur on different stock, then there is no follow thru...never in the right stock that ends up trending... It's been (not really a nightmare) because I cut my risk way down, but very frustrating. And of course you have these "gurus" trying to taunt you and sell you their discounted program on Veterans day. Never been so ashamed of being a vet then seeing Ross' dumb face trying to sell me his program...

#27     Jun 9, 2019
  8. Seaweed

Seaweed

Just for fun, I decided to look up this Andrew guy. Is his channel Bear Bull Traders?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfO2yCpx6_XU-xovhpJuaYw/videos

I looked at one video, about double bottoms, and quite liked what was shared from an instructional point of view.

But no trades shown. What was worse is that the presenter first said that you could take profits based on the 2 minute chart, 3 minute chart, 5 minute chart, and then the moving averages based on any of those. He said make sure your profit matches your risk to reward profile, and then later says don't exit out early but let winners run.

So what the fuck is this? Its a cherry picked example with contradicting advice about how to exit. If you let winners run, sometimes you lose the winner. If you take the winner at the EMA, you now aren't letting your winner run. And then of course you have to chose which time frame you will be using for your exit.

Now granted, this sounds like it was just some presenter and not the main dude, but I find it hard to see any videos with actual live trades.

If he gets lucky posting a video where he buys a 5 min breakout, then its just luck. As you see, in real life, day after day, you simply cannot do this and expect it to work often enough. It works often enough to suck you in, and it fails often enough to make you also want to fade it.

If this loser wants my respect, he needs to show 5 full consecutive days of all trades taken.

#28     Jun 9, 2019
  9. qlai

qlai

@Seaweed, the video you posted is not by Andrew, but by one of the members. Andrew doesn't have huge wins that Ross has, but he is very consistent.
    I think what some posters are missing is that it's not simply 5min ORB, it's a combination of pattern, context, experience, and discipline. The pattern is not the edge, execution of the pattern is(including not taking it).

#29     Jun 9, 2019
    masterm1ne likes this.
  10. Seaweed

Seaweed

Well, it is still on his channel. Like I say, its a good general instructional video, and nothing wrong with the ideas, but its just about as useful as saying you get wet when it rains.

Where is the consistency? I clicked on another video and he's like I took a good trade today. But it seems like nothing else posted that week. The dude should have a daily recap at the very least of each and every trade if he wants to push his "consistency".

When you look at his video list, it reads like one big commercial, an advertising money making machine.

#30     Jun 9, 2019